Saracens sign lock van Zyl
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
South African joins on short-term deal to provide cover in second row
Saracens have signed South African lock Chris van Zyl on a short-term deal to provide cover during the Autumn Internationals.
The 32-year-old links up with the north Londoners to provide cover while the likes of Maro Itoje and George Kruis are on duty with England.
Van Zyl has experience of playing in Super Rugby, having turned out for Cape Town-based Stormers since 2016.
The South African is not the only new recruit at Allianz Park, with Mark McCall’s men having also signed prop Hisa Sasagi on a short-term deal late last week.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old most recently played for New Zealand provincial side Otago and was previously part of the Hurricanes wider training squad for the 2016 Super Rugby term.
Sasagi has penned a deal that will keep him with Saracens until January 2019 and will provide the north Londoners with cover in the front row during the duration of his contract.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds