Saracens sign lock van Zyl
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
South African joins on short-term deal to provide cover in second row
Saracens have signed South African lock Chris van Zyl on a short-term deal to provide cover during the Autumn Internationals.
The 32-year-old links up with the north Londoners to provide cover while the likes of Maro Itoje and George Kruis are on duty with England.
Van Zyl has experience of playing in Super Rugby, having turned out for Cape Town-based Stormers since 2016.
The South African is not the only new recruit at Allianz Park, with Mark McCall’s men having also signed prop Hisa Sasagi on a short-term deal late last week.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old most recently played for New Zealand provincial side Otago and was previously part of the Hurricanes wider training squad for the 2016 Super Rugby term.
Sasagi has penned a deal that will keep him with Saracens until January 2019 and will provide the north Londoners with cover in the front row during the duration of his contract.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change