Saracens sign lock van Zyl
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
South African joins on short-term deal to provide cover in second row
Saracens have signed South African lock Chris van Zyl on a short-term deal to provide cover during the Autumn Internationals.
The 32-year-old links up with the north Londoners to provide cover while the likes of Maro Itoje and George Kruis are on duty with England.
Van Zyl has experience of playing in Super Rugby, having turned out for Cape Town-based Stormers since 2016.
The South African is not the only new recruit at Allianz Park, with Mark McCall’s men having also signed prop Hisa Sasagi on a short-term deal late last week.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old most recently played for New Zealand provincial side Otago and was previously part of the Hurricanes wider training squad for the 2016 Super Rugby term.
Sasagi has penned a deal that will keep him with Saracens until January 2019 and will provide the north Londoners with cover in the front row during the duration of his contract.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved