Saracens sign lock van Zyl
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
South African joins on short-term deal to provide cover in second row
Saracens have signed South African lock Chris van Zyl on a short-term deal to provide cover during the Autumn Internationals.
The 32-year-old links up with the north Londoners to provide cover while the likes of Maro Itoje and George Kruis are on duty with England.
Van Zyl has experience of playing in Super Rugby, having turned out for Cape Town-based Stormers since 2016.
The South African is not the only new recruit at Allianz Park, with Mark McCall’s men having also signed prop Hisa Sasagi on a short-term deal late last week.
You may also want to watch:
The 31-year-old most recently played for New Zealand provincial side Otago and was previously part of the Hurricanes wider training squad for the 2016 Super Rugby term.
Sasagi has penned a deal that will keep him with Saracens until January 2019 and will provide the north Londoners with cover in the front row during the duration of his contract.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue