Tolofua to leave Saracens at end of season after Toulon move is confirmed
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hooker has signed deal to return to his native France
Saracens have confirmed Christopher Tolofua will make the switch to Toulon at the end of the season.
The hooker will return to his native France following the completion of the campaign, having penned a three-year deal with the French Top 14 side.
Tolofua is currently in his second season with Saracens after joining in the summer of 2017 from Toulouse.
The 25-year-old, who has seven caps for his country, has often found himself playing the role of Jamie George’s deputy during his time at Allianz Park.
With Saracens also able to currently call on the likes of Joe Gray, Scott Spurling and Tom Woolstencroft, it remains to be seen if they will actively search for a replacement for Tolofua.
With Tolofua not due to make the switch to Toulon until the summer of 2019, Sarrries fans will still have plenty of chances to seem him in action for the north Londoners.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
And the forward will hope he can sign off from his time with Mark McCall’s men with some silverware.