Towndrow treble completes another dominant day for Hendon
- Credit: Archant
Chris Towndrow scored three of Hendon’s seven tries as they maintained their strong start to the season with another comprehensive victory, beating Mill Hill 49-13 in Herts/Middlesex Division Two.
The Dons had won their first fixture 50-12 and, although they were only five points up at one stage in the second period, they eased away to thump a Mill Hill side who had scored 48 points in their opener.
Playing uphill in the first half, Hendon took the lead as captain Cian Hynes slotted over a penalty – but the visitors got the first try, kicking a penalty to touch and driving over from the lineout.
Hendon trailed 7-3 for 20 minutes but took advantage when one of their opponents was sent to the sin-bin, driving forward from their own lineout before scrum-half Mike Evans-Jones went down the blind side and beat two men to score an unconverted try, while a Hynes penalty put the hosts 11-7 up.
Hendon struck first after the break as Jones sent Derry O’Connor over, with Hynes adding the extras. And, while two Mill Hill penalties narrowed the gap to 18-13, Hendon ran away with the game.
You may also want to watch:
The front row of Liam Murphy, Mark Munroe and Towndrow scrummaged strongly and O’Connor went over again, while Towndrow and second-row forward Paul Geraghty followed suit.
Towndrow then inflicted further pain on a tired Mill Hill side with two more tries in the last six minutes.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17