Loizou says FA Cup clash has come at wrong time for Haringey Borough
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou believes this Saturday’s FA Cup tie at home to Cray Wanderers has come at the wrong time for his team.
Rakim Richards, Coby Rowe and Lionel Stone are among those currently unavailable to Loizou, who has been left with just one fit central defender in Scott Mitchell.
Borough go into the game against Cray off the back of two straight defeats against Bognor Regis Town and Kingstonian but beat Staines Town 5-0 in the last round of the FA Cup.
The two sides have already met in the Isthmian League Premier Division this season, playing out a 1-1 draw in September.
Loizou said: "I'm not looking forward to playing with so many players injured.
You may also want to watch:
"It's come at the wrong time for us.
"We just have to go out there and play. There's no excuses, it's just come at the wrong time.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
"It is what it is. It will be very tough."