Loizou says FA Cup clash has come at wrong time for Haringey Borough
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou believes this Saturday’s FA Cup tie at home to Cray Wanderers has come at the wrong time for his team.
Rakim Richards, Coby Rowe and Lionel Stone are among those currently unavailable to Loizou, who has been left with just one fit central defender in Scott Mitchell.
Borough go into the game against Cray off the back of two straight defeats against Bognor Regis Town and Kingstonian but beat Staines Town 5-0 in the last round of the FA Cup.
The two sides have already met in the Isthmian League Premier Division this season, playing out a 1-1 draw in September.
Loizou said: "I'm not looking forward to playing with so many players injured.
You may also want to watch:
"It's come at the wrong time for us.
"We just have to go out there and play. There's no excuses, it's just come at the wrong time.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
"It is what it is. It will be very tough."