Tin-Tin Ho secures sixth place at Europe Youth Top 10 event in Prague
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho secured sixth place at the Europe Youth Top 10 event in Prague after winning her final two matches.
The 18-year-old from Upbrook Mews was seeded ninth in the junior girls’ category of the competition, which involves the top 10 players in the European rankings.
She had to wait until her fifth match to get a win on the board, beating the host nation’s Nikita Petrovova 4-0, and she then lost her seventh clash against second seed Andreea Dragoman 4-2 at the start of the third and final day.
But Ho recovered to earn two 4-1 victories against fifth seed Marie Migot (France) and seventh-ranked Daria Trigolos (Belarus).
She said: “It was really difficult to be honest, especially at the start. I think mentally I wasn’t as I should have been and I had a few chances but didn’t take them.
You may also want to watch:
“On the last day I played better. I was in a better position in my head and it was close against Dragoman and then I managed to win the two matches.
“It was a great opportunity and I’ve learned a lot from it. Finishing sixth was a nice surprise and I’m definitely more motivated now and I believe I can win matches at this level.”
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute