Tin-Tin Ho secures crucial victory as England beat Slovenia in European Championships qualifier
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho secured the crucial victory as England came from behind to beat Slovenia in their first home European Championships qualifying tie on Tuesday.
The 18-year-old lost her first game to Slovenian No 1 Alex Galic, who is more than 50 places above her in the world rankings – but recovered to beat Tamara Pavcnik in the decider at Medway Park, Gillingham.
Ho said: “Playing at home I wanted to take the opportunity and perform under pressure. In the first match I wasn’t really playing my game – I was trying too hard.
“In the second match I relaxed a bit and even when she opened up I was able to block it back and get it on the table and move her around.”
Ho saved six game points in her clash with Galic, but eventually went down 3-0 (12-10, 11-7, 11-7).
You may also want to watch:
She then defeated Pavcnik in four sets (6-11, 11-2, 11-5, 12-10).
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans