Tin-Tin Ho secures crucial victory as England beat Slovenia in European Championships qualifier
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho secured the crucial victory as England came from behind to beat Slovenia in their first home European Championships qualifying tie on Tuesday.
The 18-year-old lost her first game to Slovenian No 1 Alex Galic, who is more than 50 places above her in the world rankings – but recovered to beat Tamara Pavcnik in the decider at Medway Park, Gillingham.
Ho said: “Playing at home I wanted to take the opportunity and perform under pressure. In the first match I wasn’t really playing my game – I was trying too hard.
“In the second match I relaxed a bit and even when she opened up I was able to block it back and get it on the table and move her around.”
Ho saved six game points in her clash with Galic, but eventually went down 3-0 (12-10, 11-7, 11-7).
You may also want to watch:
She then defeated Pavcnik in four sets (6-11, 11-2, 11-5, 12-10).
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars