Tin-Tin Ho secures crucial victory as England beat Slovenia in European Championships qualifier
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho secured the crucial victory as England came from behind to beat Slovenia in their first home European Championships qualifying tie on Tuesday.
The 18-year-old lost her first game to Slovenian No 1 Alex Galic, who is more than 50 places above her in the world rankings – but recovered to beat Tamara Pavcnik in the decider at Medway Park, Gillingham.
Ho said: “Playing at home I wanted to take the opportunity and perform under pressure. In the first match I wasn’t really playing my game – I was trying too hard.
“In the second match I relaxed a bit and even when she opened up I was able to block it back and get it on the table and move her around.”
Ho saved six game points in her clash with Galic, but eventually went down 3-0 (12-10, 11-7, 11-7).
You may also want to watch:
She then defeated Pavcnik in four sets (6-11, 11-2, 11-5, 12-10).
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses