Tin-Tin Ho named in GB squad for Olympic qualifying tournament
- Credit: PA
Paddington's Tin-Tin Ho has been named in Great Britain's table tennis squad for the European Olympic Qualifying Tournament next month.
The squad comprises the maximum four players permitted – England number one Ho and Welsh number one Charlotte Carey in the women’s event and England number one Pitchford and number two Paul Drinkhall in the men’s event.
The tournament, in Lisbon from February 10-14, is for singles qualification – Great Britain missed out on team qualification last January.
Three-time Commonwealth Games medallist Ho is bidding to appear at her first Olympics.
After the European tournament, there will be a further chance for players who have not qualified to book their places in Tokyo via the World Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Doha, Qatar, from March 16-19.
Further places may then be available via the world rankings.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 7 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named