Tin-Tin Ho named in GB squad for Olympic qualifying tournament
- Credit: PA
Paddington's Tin-Tin Ho has been named in Great Britain's table tennis squad for the European Olympic Qualifying Tournament next month.
The squad comprises the maximum four players permitted – England number one Ho and Welsh number one Charlotte Carey in the women’s event and England number one Pitchford and number two Paul Drinkhall in the men’s event.
The tournament, in Lisbon from February 10-14, is for singles qualification – Great Britain missed out on team qualification last January.
Three-time Commonwealth Games medallist Ho is bidding to appear at her first Olympics.
After the European tournament, there will be a further chance for players who have not qualified to book their places in Tokyo via the World Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Doha, Qatar, from March 16-19.
Further places may then be available via the world rankings.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead