Three wins on the trot for Hampstead Ladies seconds
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies’ second team made it three wins on the bounce with a 43-15 success over Kilburn Cosmos.
Hampstead kicked off to Kilburn with the wind behind them which helped with some strong kicks from Elaine O’Rourke and Ciara McGowan throughout the first half.
The first score went to Hampstead after great teamwork set the platform for Emily Taylor to run in under the posts.
Kilburn followed swiftly with a try of their own and with the wind against them in the second half, Hampstead had to work hard to hold the Cosmos back.
Strong defence on their own try line did just that and Lydia Harte ended that passage by running away with an intercept try.
You may also want to watch:
She added a second, as did O’Rourke and Taylor and there was a well-deserved try for Barbara Sike, playing her first match at scrum half for the team.
A spokeswoman said: “It was a close match, played in good spirits, and a well-deserved win to add to the winning streak.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'