Three wins on the trot for Hampstead Ladies seconds
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies’ second team made it three wins on the bounce with a 43-15 success over Kilburn Cosmos.
Hampstead kicked off to Kilburn with the wind behind them which helped with some strong kicks from Elaine O’Rourke and Ciara McGowan throughout the first half.
The first score went to Hampstead after great teamwork set the platform for Emily Taylor to run in under the posts.
Kilburn followed swiftly with a try of their own and with the wind against them in the second half, Hampstead had to work hard to hold the Cosmos back.
Strong defence on their own try line did just that and Lydia Harte ended that passage by running away with an intercept try.
You may also want to watch:
She added a second, as did O’Rourke and Taylor and there was a well-deserved try for Barbara Sike, playing her first match at scrum half for the team.
A spokeswoman said: “It was a close match, played in good spirits, and a well-deserved win to add to the winning streak.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'