Three wins on the trot for Hampstead Ladies seconds
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies’ second team made it three wins on the bounce with a 43-15 success over Kilburn Cosmos.
Hampstead kicked off to Kilburn with the wind behind them which helped with some strong kicks from Elaine O’Rourke and Ciara McGowan throughout the first half.
The first score went to Hampstead after great teamwork set the platform for Emily Taylor to run in under the posts.
Kilburn followed swiftly with a try of their own and with the wind against them in the second half, Hampstead had to work hard to hold the Cosmos back.
Strong defence on their own try line did just that and Lydia Harte ended that passage by running away with an intercept try.
You may also want to watch:
She added a second, as did O’Rourke and Taylor and there was a well-deserved try for Barbara Sike, playing her first match at scrum half for the team.
A spokeswoman said: “It was a close match, played in good spirits, and a well-deserved win to add to the winning streak.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'