The Hall School enjoy fine display at British Independent Schools ski races
- Credit: Archant
The Hall School enjoyed a fine performance in the British Independent Schools ski races at the Hemel Hempstead snow dome, entering three teams who all competed strongly.
The Hall, which is located on Crossfield Road in Belsize Park, fielded six teams involving 22 boys between the ages of seven and 12.
They were the only north London prep school to take part in the slalom events, competing against rivals from as far afield as Wales, with 140 children racing in all.
The Hall’s ski team was only set up two years ago and many of their pupils were racing for the first time, but they had trained hard at the Hemel dome, with many giving up their Sunday and Monday evenings to practise racing through gates.
That dedication and commitment was rewarded as the teams came second, third, fifth, seventh and joint eighth in their respective slalom competitions.
You may also want to watch:
There was individual success as well, with Barnaby Lee coming third out of 20 competitors in the Under-14 boys’ age group, clocking 14.28 seconds to finish seventh overall.
Max Fairfull was fourth out of 45 in the Under-12 category, finishing in 13.60 seconds to come fifth overall, and Henry Jackson was sixth out of 45 in the same age group, posting 14.97 seconds.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham