Dart selected for Great Britain Fed Cup qualifier team
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hampstead’s Harriet Dart has been selected to represent Great Britain in the Fed Cup qualifier against Slovakia in Bratislava on February 7 and 8
The 23-year-old will feature in the Fed Cup for the only the second time in her career, having previously been part of the team that beat Kazakhstan at the Copper Box Arena in April last year.
She has been in good form so far this year, coming through qualifying at the Australian Open to reach the second round, where she gave an impressive performance in her defeat to Wimbledon champion Simona Halep.
Dart said: "It's always an honour to be selected to represent my country and I can't wait to get out to Bratislava.
"I've been playing some good tennis in the last month so I'm very much looking forward to this tie.
You may also want to watch:
"We won two amazing Fed Cup ties last year and even though it's a new format this year, I'm confident we can take that momentum into this one and come away with a win."
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath