Dart selected for Great Britain Fed Cup qualifier team
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hampstead’s Harriet Dart has been selected to represent Great Britain in the Fed Cup qualifier against Slovakia in Bratislava on February 7 and 8
The 23-year-old will feature in the Fed Cup for the only the second time in her career, having previously been part of the team that beat Kazakhstan at the Copper Box Arena in April last year.
She has been in good form so far this year, coming through qualifying at the Australian Open to reach the second round, where she gave an impressive performance in her defeat to Wimbledon champion Simona Halep.
Dart said: "It's always an honour to be selected to represent my country and I can't wait to get out to Bratislava.
"I've been playing some good tennis in the last month so I'm very much looking forward to this tie.
You may also want to watch:
"We won two amazing Fed Cup ties last year and even though it's a new format this year, I'm confident we can take that momentum into this one and come away with a win."
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 4 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods