Tejan-Sie hits late winner as Wingate & Finchley secure second successive league victory
- Credit: Archant
Wingate & Finchley secured their second successive league victory on Saturday as Tommy Tejan-Sie struck a last-minute winner away against basement boys Grays Athletic.
Rob Laney put the Blues ahead in the 37th minute, but Grays equalised midway through the second half as Kwabena Osei beat Shane Gore with a header to set up a thrilling finale.
Wingate struck a decisive goal in the 89th minute though. Grays’ goalkeeper punched a corner out to Tejan-Sie and his shot looped just over the head of his team-mate Afalabi Obafemi, confusing the home side’s custodian, who allowed the ball to bounce past him. It leaves Wingate 13th in the table, 10 points outside the play-off spots.
The Blues went on to beat Cockfosters 4-2 on penalties to reach the last eight of the London Senior Cup on Tuesday night.
Meanwhile, Haringey Borough drew 1-1 away against their fellow play-off contenders Tilbury in Ryman League Division One North on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Anthony McDonald was on target for Haringey, who remain in 11th place – one point behind Tilbury and four outside the top five places.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement