Taylor delighted as Hampstead ease drop fears
Hampstead jumped out of the relegation places in London Three north west with a precious win. Coach Glenn Taylor hopes the 28-18 victory – largely a product of impressive driven tries – will give his side a mental boost going into a tough run of fixtures.
Hampstead jumped out of the relegation places in London Three north west with a precious win.
Coach Glenn Taylor hopes the 28-18 victory - largely a product of impressive driven tries - will give his side a mental boost going into a tough run of fixtures.
"It was a huge game for us because we've got top-of-the-table Ruislip next, then a few more big teams, and it makes a big psychological difference if you can take maximum points going into a that run," said Taylor.
"We started slowly and the line-outs were good, but our contact in the rucking was poor. At half-time we realised if we didn't do something about it, they were going to sneak off with the points.
You may also want to watch:
"Fortunately, the boys got stuck in in the second-half and we kept the scoreboard ticking over."
Danny Burgess dotted down in the first half and Cowan-Dickie also found his way over the line, though Hampstead trailed 15-13 at the turn.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Richard Colvin and Chris Darke added to the tally as Hampstead made the game safe in the final ten minutes.
Hampstead: Fehnert, Liams, Goldberg, Poole, Sleight, Colvin, McTurk, Everett, Pugh, Darke, Agyerton, Keith, Burgess, Cowan-Dickie, Lacey.