Table tennis: Tin-Tin Ho impresses in Poland
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho enjoyed some fine wins against higher-ranked players at the Polish Open.
The teenager, currently ranked 205 in the world, was in good form in the group stage to earn two wins.
Ho beat Poland’s Agata Szczuka and Italy’s Veronica Mosconi, both by 4-0 margins, to go through to the last 64 of the competition.
And she upset world 148 Alex Galic of Slovenia with a 4-2 win (6-11, 11-3, 8-11, 11-8, 11-6, 11-4) to progress to the last 32.
World number 43 Li Qian, of Poland, ended Ho’s hopes and went on to reach the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
Ho was seeded in the under-21 event and beat Ilka Doval of Norway and Japan’s Miyuu Kihara to reach the quarter-finals.
But world 189 Audrey Zarif of France ended Ho’s hopes, before she went on to lose her first doubles match with Maria Tsaptsinos against Czech Republic duo Renata Strbikova and Katerina Tomanovska.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'