Table tennis star Tin-Tin Ho wins hat-trick of gold medals at School Games
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho is celebrating winning three gold medals at the 2014 Sainsbury’s School Games in Manchester.
The Commonwealth Games silver medalist helped the England South East girls’ squad to claim the team title, and she added a second gold as the South East clinched the overall crown once results from the girls’, the boys’ and disabled events had been added up.
Ho then made it a golden hat-trick when she won the individual singles title.
The 16-year-old, who lives in Upbrook Mews and used to attend St Joseph’s Catholic School in Maida Vale, won all six group matches in the team event, only dropping one set on the way – and she added three doubles victories.
In the individual competition, Ho cruised through the group and her first two knockout matches without dropping a set.
She found Emily Bolton a tougher opponent in the semi-finals but a 3-1 (11-4, 8-11, 11-6, 11-2) win set up a final against defending champion Maria Tsaptsinos – and she came from behind to triumph 3-1 again.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments