Swiss Cottage swimmers qualify for place in the nationals
TWO Camden Swiss Cottage swimmers qualified for next year s National events at the Level One Plymouth Leander Winter Meet at Millfield School last week. Alex Mackay qualified for three events. First, he recorded 16 minutes 49.11 seconds in the 1,500m free
TWO Camden Swiss Cottage swimmers qualified for next year's National events at the Level One Plymouth Leander Winter Meet at Millfield School last week.
Alex Mackay qualified for three events. First, he recorded 16 minutes 49.11 seconds in the 1,500m freestyle for bronze in the 15-16-year-old event. Then, his 800m split (8mins 57.47secs) secured another qualifying time before notching a third mark in the 15-16 years 400m medley (4mins 51.66secs).
Felix Samuels, 14, also qualified for the Nationals when he swam brilliantly in the 50m free (26.16secs) for the bronze and the 100m free (56.61secs) for the silver.
He also won a silver trophy for finishing second in the Under-14 junior final, and a bronze (1min 2.36secs) in the 13-14-year-old 100m fly.
You may also want to watch:
Harry Needs (29.62secs) and Alex Peake (37.94secs) both won golds in their respective categories.
Needs also won bronze in the 50m breaststroke and the 100m backstroke while Peake collected silver in the 50m fly and bronze in 100m breaststroke.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
Joel Sands (9mins 29.67secs) landed the silver in the 15-16 years 800m free while Ed Walsh (31.46secs) won bronze in the Over-17 50m breaststroke, as did Bogac Ayhan 28.89secs) in the 50m fly.