Swiss Cottage swimmers continue impressive start to the season
CAMDEN Swiss Cottage continued their impressive start to the season when they won the second round of the National swimming league at Eltham. Swiss bagged 367 points from a maximum 400 to gain their second victory in the competition following their first
CAMDEN Swiss Cottage continued their impressive start to the season when they won the second round of the National swimming league at Eltham.
Swiss bagged 367 points from a maximum 400 to gain their second victory in the competition following their first round win at Enfield last month.
The Under-15 boys 200m freestyle relay team comprising Edward Graham, Ioa Pok Wong, Leo Jaggs and Felix Samuels clocked one minute 45.41 seconds to beat second placed Bishops Stortford by five seconds.
Devon Robins was one of a trio of Camden Swimmers to win both of their individual events. Robins, 15, swam in the Ladies Open events and clocked a 1.63sec best to win the medley in 2mins 23.71secs. Robins also won the open butterfly (1min 5.99secs).
You may also want to watch:
Edward Walsh won the men's open breaststroke (1min 7.47secs) and men's open free (53:72secs).
Alexander Burgess clocked a brace of bests when he won the Under-13 boys back (1min 8.20secs) and fly (1min 8.76secs).
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 4 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
Kelly Hookway swam a PB to win the Under-13 girls 100m free (1min 3.33secs).
Other winners for Swiss to swim bests were Sarah Taylor-Reid Under-13 girls 100m breaststroke, Sophie Rittenhouse Under-13 100m back and Lucas Perry-Hill boys Under-15 breaststroke.
The final round for London Division One will be held December 13 in Norwich.