Swiss Cottage swimmers are looking strong after first round of National Junior League
- Credit: Archant
A strong team of youngsters from Camden Swiss Cottage finished runners-up in the first round of the M11 division of this year’s National Junior Swimming League.
Camden put in a solid performance against strong opposition at Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield, earning 293 points.
That left them ahead of third -placed RTW Monson from Tunbridge Wells (261 points) and behind winners Barnet Copthall (327 points) in a field of eight teams.
Gabriele Giavannoni was victorious for Camden, and Keith Mara, Marliese Rittenhouse, Lauren Brantley and Abel Sinko-Uribe also picked up maximum points.
With a number of competitors taking place in multiple events, Rittenhouse also recorded a second-placed finish – as did Callum Carlisle, Daniel Markov, Clementine Butler Brown, Amelia Sargent and Sinko-Uribe.
You may also want to watch:
The nine-and-under boys’ freestyle and medley teams of Leo He, Theo Pliner, Mara and Giavannoni both won their events.
So did the boys’ 11-and-under freestyle squad of Konrad Georgescu, Carlisle, Mikhail Krasnoshcekiy and Cole McKechnie, in addition to the 11-and-under girls’ medley team – Butler Brown, Chloe Berko-Boateng, Sargent and Rittenhouse.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 10 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
The boys’ 12-and-under freestyle quartet of McKechnie, Mika Fitzpatrick-Suen, Jonathon Novak and Sinko-Uribe also emerged triumphant.
The second round of three takes place on May 17.