Swiss Cottage swimmers are looking strong after first round of National Junior League
- Credit: Archant
A strong team of youngsters from Camden Swiss Cottage finished runners-up in the first round of the M11 division of this year’s National Junior Swimming League.
Camden put in a solid performance against strong opposition at Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield, earning 293 points.
That left them ahead of third -placed RTW Monson from Tunbridge Wells (261 points) and behind winners Barnet Copthall (327 points) in a field of eight teams.
Gabriele Giavannoni was victorious for Camden, and Keith Mara, Marliese Rittenhouse, Lauren Brantley and Abel Sinko-Uribe also picked up maximum points.
With a number of competitors taking place in multiple events, Rittenhouse also recorded a second-placed finish – as did Callum Carlisle, Daniel Markov, Clementine Butler Brown, Amelia Sargent and Sinko-Uribe.
You may also want to watch:
The nine-and-under boys’ freestyle and medley teams of Leo He, Theo Pliner, Mara and Giavannoni both won their events.
So did the boys’ 11-and-under freestyle squad of Konrad Georgescu, Carlisle, Mikhail Krasnoshcekiy and Cole McKechnie, in addition to the 11-and-under girls’ medley team – Butler Brown, Chloe Berko-Boateng, Sargent and Rittenhouse.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
The boys’ 12-and-under freestyle quartet of McKechnie, Mika Fitzpatrick-Suen, Jonathon Novak and Sinko-Uribe also emerged triumphant.
The second round of three takes place on May 17.