Swiss Cottage swimmers are looking strong after first round of National Junior League
- Credit: Archant
A strong team of youngsters from Camden Swiss Cottage finished runners-up in the first round of the M11 division of this year’s National Junior Swimming League.
Camden put in a solid performance against strong opposition at Southbury Leisure Centre in Enfield, earning 293 points.
That left them ahead of third -placed RTW Monson from Tunbridge Wells (261 points) and behind winners Barnet Copthall (327 points) in a field of eight teams.
Gabriele Giavannoni was victorious for Camden, and Keith Mara, Marliese Rittenhouse, Lauren Brantley and Abel Sinko-Uribe also picked up maximum points.
With a number of competitors taking place in multiple events, Rittenhouse also recorded a second-placed finish – as did Callum Carlisle, Daniel Markov, Clementine Butler Brown, Amelia Sargent and Sinko-Uribe.
You may also want to watch:
The nine-and-under boys’ freestyle and medley teams of Leo He, Theo Pliner, Mara and Giavannoni both won their events.
So did the boys’ 11-and-under freestyle squad of Konrad Georgescu, Carlisle, Mikhail Krasnoshcekiy and Cole McKechnie, in addition to the 11-and-under girls’ medley team – Butler Brown, Chloe Berko-Boateng, Sargent and Rittenhouse.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
The boys’ 12-and-under freestyle quartet of McKechnie, Mika Fitzpatrick-Suen, Jonathon Novak and Sinko-Uribe also emerged triumphant.
The second round of three takes place on May 17.