Swimming: Month to remember for Haringey’s Shakil
- Credit: Archant
Shakil Giordani has had a November to remember with a string of good results for Haringey Aquatics.
The teenager claimed two bronze medals at the 2017 London Swimming Winter Championships at the London Aquactics Centre earlier this month.
Giordani took bronze in the 50-metre butterfly as well as the 100-metre freestyle in the boys 16 and under category.
The Haringey Aquatics talent was unlucky not to claim a third bronze medal as well following a fourth-place finish in the 50-metre backstroke.
Head coach Paul Doyle expressed his pride after seeing Giordani’s feats.
Doyle said: “Shakil has had a breakout year in the pool, and should be proud of his achivements.
“We now wish him well at the upcoming Nationals in Sheffield in December.”
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
To learn more about Haringey Aquatics, visit haringeyaquatics.org.uk or follow the club on Twitter at @teamharingey.