Swimming: Month to remember for Haringey’s Shakil
- Credit: Archant
Shakil Giordani has had a November to remember with a string of good results for Haringey Aquatics.
The teenager claimed two bronze medals at the 2017 London Swimming Winter Championships at the London Aquactics Centre earlier this month.
Giordani took bronze in the 50-metre butterfly as well as the 100-metre freestyle in the boys 16 and under category.
The Haringey Aquatics talent was unlucky not to claim a third bronze medal as well following a fourth-place finish in the 50-metre backstroke.
Head coach Paul Doyle expressed his pride after seeing Giordani’s feats.
You may also want to watch:
Doyle said: “Shakil has had a breakout year in the pool, and should be proud of his achivements.
“We now wish him well at the upcoming Nationals in Sheffield in December.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
To learn more about Haringey Aquatics, visit haringeyaquatics.org.uk or follow the club on Twitter at @teamharingey.