Swimming: Haringey Aquatics member Shakil Giordani to swim for Middlesex at French Golden Lanes Tour
- Credit: Archant
Youngster called up for event in Paris next month
Haringey Aquatics swimmer Shakil Giordani has been selected in the Middlesex county team for the French Golden Lanes Tour next month.
The selection follows a hugely successful Middlesex County Championships for Giordani, winning two golds, four silvers and two bronzes.
Giordani also won trophies as the fastest boy, 16-and-under in both the 50m backstroke and the 50m butterfly.
“Shakil is going from strength to strength with his swimming,” said Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle.
You may also want to watch:
“After qualifying for multiple events at the British Summer and Winter Nationals, he is the first ever Haringey Aquatics swimmer to be selected by the County for an international competition.
“This is one more step towards the top for Shakil.”
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
In addition, Haringey Aquatics’ head of teaching Sharon Austin has been selected as team manager for the event.
The French Golden Lanes Tour takes place in the northern Parisian suburb of Sarcelles from March 9-11.