Swimming: Haringey Aquatics member Shakil Giordani to swim for Middlesex at French Golden Lanes Tour
- Credit: Archant
Youngster called up for event in Paris next month
Haringey Aquatics swimmer Shakil Giordani has been selected in the Middlesex county team for the French Golden Lanes Tour next month.
The selection follows a hugely successful Middlesex County Championships for Giordani, winning two golds, four silvers and two bronzes.
Giordani also won trophies as the fastest boy, 16-and-under in both the 50m backstroke and the 50m butterfly.
“Shakil is going from strength to strength with his swimming,” said Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle.
You may also want to watch:
“After qualifying for multiple events at the British Summer and Winter Nationals, he is the first ever Haringey Aquatics swimmer to be selected by the County for an international competition.
“This is one more step towards the top for Shakil.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
In addition, Haringey Aquatics’ head of teaching Sharon Austin has been selected as team manager for the event.
The French Golden Lanes Tour takes place in the northern Parisian suburb of Sarcelles from March 9-11.