Swimming: Haringey Aquatics member Shakil Giordani to swim for Middlesex at French Golden Lanes Tour
- Credit: Archant
Youngster called up for event in Paris next month
Haringey Aquatics swimmer Shakil Giordani has been selected in the Middlesex county team for the French Golden Lanes Tour next month.
The selection follows a hugely successful Middlesex County Championships for Giordani, winning two golds, four silvers and two bronzes.
Giordani also won trophies as the fastest boy, 16-and-under in both the 50m backstroke and the 50m butterfly.
“Shakil is going from strength to strength with his swimming,” said Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle.
You may also want to watch:
“After qualifying for multiple events at the British Summer and Winter Nationals, he is the first ever Haringey Aquatics swimmer to be selected by the County for an international competition.
“This is one more step towards the top for Shakil.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
In addition, Haringey Aquatics’ head of teaching Sharon Austin has been selected as team manager for the event.
The French Golden Lanes Tour takes place in the northern Parisian suburb of Sarcelles from March 9-11.