Success for Hampstead under-11 girls at recent Middlesex League competition
- Credit: Archant
Local club set to host celebrity fundraiser this weekend with Emma Thompson set to bowl the first ball of the match
Hampstead’s under-11 girls team finished runners up in the final of the Middlesex League at the start of this month after a string of excellent displays.
The youth-team progressed through the divisional group stages before beating Bushey Park in the last four of the tournament.
They faced Ealing in the final, but fell short, though could be proud of their efforts in the competition.
Hampstead’s under-11 girls side was only established four years ago and the team only had four members back then, but now have over 40 girls involved and several age group squads.
Also, the local club have their celebrity fundraiser cricket much coming up on Sunday September 17.
Ex-chairman Jim Carter and Adam Collins, of TMS, will be commentating while Emma Thompson will bowl the first ball.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
The celebrity team will be made up of Downton Abbey and Harry Potter stars plus more and the action starts at 12.30pm.