Success for Hampstead under-11 girls at recent Middlesex League competition
- Credit: Archant
Local club set to host celebrity fundraiser this weekend with Emma Thompson set to bowl the first ball of the match
Hampstead’s under-11 girls team finished runners up in the final of the Middlesex League at the start of this month after a string of excellent displays.
The youth-team progressed through the divisional group stages before beating Bushey Park in the last four of the tournament.
They faced Ealing in the final, but fell short, though could be proud of their efforts in the competition.
Hampstead’s under-11 girls side was only established four years ago and the team only had four members back then, but now have over 40 girls involved and several age group squads.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the local club have their celebrity fundraiser cricket much coming up on Sunday September 17.
Ex-chairman Jim Carter and Adam Collins, of TMS, will be commentating while Emma Thompson will bowl the first ball.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 10 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
The celebrity team will be made up of Downton Abbey and Harry Potter stars plus more and the action starts at 12.30pm.