Success for Hampstead under-11 girls at recent Middlesex League competition
- Credit: Archant
Local club set to host celebrity fundraiser this weekend with Emma Thompson set to bowl the first ball of the match
Hampstead’s under-11 girls team finished runners up in the final of the Middlesex League at the start of this month after a string of excellent displays.
The youth-team progressed through the divisional group stages before beating Bushey Park in the last four of the tournament.
They faced Ealing in the final, but fell short, though could be proud of their efforts in the competition.
Hampstead’s under-11 girls side was only established four years ago and the team only had four members back then, but now have over 40 girls involved and several age group squads.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the local club have their celebrity fundraiser cricket much coming up on Sunday September 17.
Ex-chairman Jim Carter and Adam Collins, of TMS, will be commentating while Emma Thompson will bowl the first ball.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 7 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
The celebrity team will be made up of Downton Abbey and Harry Potter stars plus more and the action starts at 12.30pm.