Success for Hampstead under-11 girls at recent Middlesex League competition
- Credit: Archant
Local club set to host celebrity fundraiser this weekend with Emma Thompson set to bowl the first ball of the match
Hampstead’s under-11 girls team finished runners up in the final of the Middlesex League at the start of this month after a string of excellent displays.
The youth-team progressed through the divisional group stages before beating Bushey Park in the last four of the tournament.
They faced Ealing in the final, but fell short, though could be proud of their efforts in the competition.
Hampstead’s under-11 girls side was only established four years ago and the team only had four members back then, but now have over 40 girls involved and several age group squads.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the local club have their celebrity fundraiser cricket much coming up on Sunday September 17.
Ex-chairman Jim Carter and Adam Collins, of TMS, will be commentating while Emma Thompson will bowl the first ball.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 5 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
The celebrity team will be made up of Downton Abbey and Harry Potter stars plus more and the action starts at 12.30pm.