Stunning medal haul for Haringey Aquatics at County Championship
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics teen swimmers continued an unprecedented county medal haul seizing 25 medals at the 2017 Middlesex County Youth Championships at the London Aquatics Centre.
Top male medallist at the championships, which is for swimmers aged 14 or over was Shakil Giordani who took gold medals in the 1500m Free, 50m Back and 50m Fly.
The 14-year-old was also the recipient of the Camden Swiss Cottage Trophy for the fastest 50m back for U16s and he added silvers in the 50m and 200m Free as well as the 100m Back.
He completed his medal haul with bronze medals in the 100m and 400m Free.
Other gold medallists included Rose Pepperday, 15, in the 800m Free, Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 15, in the 200m Back, and Alex Vonckx, 14, in the 100m Breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
Vonckx also took silver in the 200m IM and 200m Back as well as bronze in the 50m and 100m Back while Isaza-Ocampo got a silver in the 100m Back and a bronze in the 200m Back.
Also picking up bronze medals were Nicola Lawrence, 19, in the 400IM, Kelton Ryland, 14, in the 200m Breaststroke and 400m IM, para swimmer Ryan Miskovics in the 50m and 100m Free, Max Hanson, 14, in the 50m and 100m Breaststroke and Renat Samur, 15, in the 100m Breaststoke.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
It meant that the club’s 39 medals in both this and January’s county age group for swimmers under 13 years old, was the highest in its 70-year history.
For more information about Haringey Aquatics go to www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk