Strauss is named man of the series for England
MIDDLESEX batsman Andrew Strauss was named man of the series following England s decisive series win over New Zealand at Trent Bridge on Sunday. England beat the Kiwis 2-0 after drawing the first Test at Lord s last month. Strauss was awarded the accolade
MIDDLESEX batsman Andrew Strauss was named man of the series following England's decisive series win over New Zealand at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
England beat the Kiwis 2-0 after drawing the first Test at Lord's last month.
Strauss was awarded the accolade thanks to his 266 runs at 66.50 over the three matches.
Strauss, who last year was dropped from England's tour of Sri Lanka, fought has way back into the national line-up with a sublime individual batting display against New Zealand, in Napier last March.
You may also want to watch:
Strauss racked up 173 not out in New Zealand to provide the cornerstone for England's third Test victory against the Kiwis and has continued the momentum since his return.
"I spent about 12 months not knowing where my next run was coming from so I'm happy to have turned it round. But our bowlers have worked as a really good unit so this is as much for them as for me.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband