Strauss is named man of the series for England
MIDDLESEX batsman Andrew Strauss was named man of the series following England s decisive series win over New Zealand at Trent Bridge on Sunday. England beat the Kiwis 2-0 after drawing the first Test at Lord s last month. Strauss was awarded the accolade
MIDDLESEX batsman Andrew Strauss was named man of the series following England's decisive series win over New Zealand at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
England beat the Kiwis 2-0 after drawing the first Test at Lord's last month.
Strauss was awarded the accolade thanks to his 266 runs at 66.50 over the three matches.
Strauss, who last year was dropped from England's tour of Sri Lanka, fought has way back into the national line-up with a sublime individual batting display against New Zealand, in Napier last March.
You may also want to watch:
Strauss racked up 173 not out in New Zealand to provide the cornerstone for England's third Test victory against the Kiwis and has continued the momentum since his return.
"I spent about 12 months not knowing where my next run was coming from so I'm happy to have turned it round. But our bowlers have worked as a really good unit so this is as much for them as for me.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!