UCS hope to bounce back at St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys lost 12-10 at home to Wasps last weekend
UCS Old Boys will hope to get back on the winning trail at St Albans in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
Old Boys were stung by a late try last weekend as they lost 12-10 at home to Wasps, despite leading for much of the game.
In a close-fought match, UCS led 3-0 at the break courtesy of a penalty from Nat Breakwell.
Both Liam Clarke and Matt Dawson impressed in defence for Old Boys to maintain their slender lead during the opening half.
You may also want to watch:
UCS then demonstrated their attacking potential early in the second half, with Will Jones crossing under the posts and Breakwell converting to make it 10-0.
However, that proved to be the last time Old Boys troubled the scorers as Wasps scored two tries, the second coming five minutes from time, to snatch the win.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
It was a disappointing afternoon for UCS, but they will hope to bounce back swiftly and beat St Albans on Saturday as they bid to end the term with good form.