UCS hope to bounce back at St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys lost 12-10 at home to Wasps last weekend
UCS Old Boys will hope to get back on the winning trail at St Albans in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
Old Boys were stung by a late try last weekend as they lost 12-10 at home to Wasps, despite leading for much of the game.
In a close-fought match, UCS led 3-0 at the break courtesy of a penalty from Nat Breakwell.
Both Liam Clarke and Matt Dawson impressed in defence for Old Boys to maintain their slender lead during the opening half.
You may also want to watch:
UCS then demonstrated their attacking potential early in the second half, with Will Jones crossing under the posts and Breakwell converting to make it 10-0.
However, that proved to be the last time Old Boys troubled the scorers as Wasps scored two tries, the second coming five minutes from time, to snatch the win.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
It was a disappointing afternoon for UCS, but they will hope to bounce back swiftly and beat St Albans on Saturday as they bid to end the term with good form.