Squash: Cumberland LTC host Middlesex Closed Tournament for first time
- Credit: Archant
CLub hosted prestigious event last weekend
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club (LTC) played host to the Middlesex Closed Squash Tournament for the first time in the club’s history.
Across last weekend, the best squash talents drawn from across Middlesex descended on the prestigious venue in Alvanley Gardens.
The tournament took place on the two new courts that had recently been installed at the Cumberland LTC.
Participants were also able to make the most of the fine facilities on offer at the Cumberland LTC.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, those taking part were offered complimentary snacks, as well as a Cumberland LTC goody bag at the prize-giving ceremony.
There was home success for Cumberland LTC to cheer at the Middlesex Closed Squad Tournament, with Anthony Rogal being crowned county champion.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
“We would be delighted to host the competition again next year,” said Cumberland LTC squash chairman Nick Dart.
After a successful first year hosting the event, there is no reason why it cannot return to Cumberland LTC in the future.