Squash: Cumberland LTC host Middlesex Closed Tournament for first time
- Credit: Archant
CLub hosted prestigious event last weekend
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club (LTC) played host to the Middlesex Closed Squash Tournament for the first time in the club’s history.
Across last weekend, the best squash talents drawn from across Middlesex descended on the prestigious venue in Alvanley Gardens.
The tournament took place on the two new courts that had recently been installed at the Cumberland LTC.
Participants were also able to make the most of the fine facilities on offer at the Cumberland LTC.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, those taking part were offered complimentary snacks, as well as a Cumberland LTC goody bag at the prize-giving ceremony.
There was home success for Cumberland LTC to cheer at the Middlesex Closed Squad Tournament, with Anthony Rogal being crowned county champion.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 9 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 10 Crouch End continue unbeaten start with win at Hampstead
“We would be delighted to host the competition again next year,” said Cumberland LTC squash chairman Nick Dart.
After a successful first year hosting the event, there is no reason why it cannot return to Cumberland LTC in the future.