Squash: Cumberland LTC host Middlesex Closed Tournament for first time
- Credit: Archant
CLub hosted prestigious event last weekend
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club (LTC) played host to the Middlesex Closed Squash Tournament for the first time in the club’s history.
Across last weekend, the best squash talents drawn from across Middlesex descended on the prestigious venue in Alvanley Gardens.
The tournament took place on the two new courts that had recently been installed at the Cumberland LTC.
Participants were also able to make the most of the fine facilities on offer at the Cumberland LTC.
In addition, those taking part were offered complimentary snacks, as well as a Cumberland LTC goody bag at the prize-giving ceremony.
There was home success for Cumberland LTC to cheer at the Middlesex Closed Squad Tournament, with Anthony Rogal being crowned county champion.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 4 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
“We would be delighted to host the competition again next year,” said Cumberland LTC squash chairman Nick Dart.
After a successful first year hosting the event, there is no reason why it cannot return to Cumberland LTC in the future.