Squash: Cumberland LTC host Middlesex Closed Tournament for first time
- Credit: Archant
CLub hosted prestigious event last weekend
Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club (LTC) played host to the Middlesex Closed Squash Tournament for the first time in the club’s history.
Across last weekend, the best squash talents drawn from across Middlesex descended on the prestigious venue in Alvanley Gardens.
The tournament took place on the two new courts that had recently been installed at the Cumberland LTC.
Participants were also able to make the most of the fine facilities on offer at the Cumberland LTC.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, those taking part were offered complimentary snacks, as well as a Cumberland LTC goody bag at the prize-giving ceremony.
There was home success for Cumberland LTC to cheer at the Middlesex Closed Squad Tournament, with Anthony Rogal being crowned county champion.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
“We would be delighted to host the competition again next year,” said Cumberland LTC squash chairman Nick Dart.
After a successful first year hosting the event, there is no reason why it cannot return to Cumberland LTC in the future.