Spurs to be without key players for Premier League return
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur manager, Nuno Espirito Santos, will be without a handful of key players ahead of Spurs' London derby against Crystal Palace.
Travelling to Selhurst Park for the Saturday lunchtime kick-off, Nuno will be without South American trio Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero, and Davinson Sanchez.
This comes because of the players ignoring rules around Covid-19 and travelling to red list countries to play for their national teams, against the orders of the Premier League.
Spurs have reportedly sent a fitness coach over to Croatia to work with the trio as they isolate for 10 days before returning to England.
The players are also expected to be hit with a hefty fine for defying orders and travelling without permission from the club.
You may also want to watch:
Sanchez has started the season in fine form, developing a solid relationship with Eric Dier, while Romero was hoping to impose himself in the squad following his move from Atlanta.
These events will give Nuno some decisions to make regarding the teamsheet against Palace, and potentially the Europa Conference League fixture.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 10 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
Having picked up nine points from nine, Spurs will be hoping this international break and these difficulties do not affect their momentum and derail the solid start they have made to the campaign.
Star player Heung-Min Son is allegedly a doubt through injury, suffering from a calf problem while on international duty with South Korea.
The news will come as a major concern, considering the value the winger brings to the side with his goals and assists being a high percentage of Tottenham’s total.
Ahead of three tough London derbies, Nuno will need his firepower to be fit, firing, and in good form to continue putting points on the board.
This may open the door for the likes of Lucas Moura and Bryan Gil to hold down a place in the starting line-up – with the pair impressing already this season when relied upon.
With a tough clash against Chelsea looming, taking all three points at Selhurst Park will be a necessity for Spurs.