Spurs to get official reception but victory parade looks unlikely
Spurs fans will be given several chances to get even closer to the Carling Cup following Sunday s epic 2-1 victory over Chelsea at Wembley. The trophy will be displayed at the Spurs Megastore on Tottenham High Road this weekend and will also be shown off
Spurs fans will be given several chances to get even closer to the Carling Cup following Sunday's epic 2-1 victory over Chelsea at Wembley.
The trophy will be displayed at the Spurs Megastore on Tottenham High Road this weekend and will also be shown off before the home Uefa Cup match against PSV Eindhoven next Thursday (March 6).
There are also plans for an official reception at Haringey Council's Wood Green headquarters and it is hoped that manage Juande Ramos and captain Ledley King will bring the trophy to the event on a date yet to be announced.
The club has also issued a statement saying that the council and the club will set about ensuring that the local community within the borough will get the chance to share in the excitement of the cup win, though a victory parade as such looks unlikely.
You may also want to watch:
The statement says: ''The club is grateful for the offer of a parade from Haringey Council. However, given that the League Cup final falls mid-season, it has rarely been possible to hold such a celebratory parade.''
The possibility of a parade at the end of the season would increase dramatically, however, if Spurs were to add the Uefa Cup to their Carling Cup triumph.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour