Young Skolars celebrate victory in Grand Final
- Credit: Archant
Skolars beat Brentwood Eels in final at Trailfinders Sports Ground on Saturday
The future looks bright for London Skolars after their under-16s won the London & South East Grand Final on Saturday.
Skolars reached the final after topping the initial league table, having won seven of their eight games this term.
London took on Brentwood Eels in the final, which was held at the Trailfinders Sports Ground in Ealing, and recorded a 20-12 win.
Tries from Samson Adejimi and Jevaughan Warren put Skolars into an early lead, with Tommy Fraine converting the second score.
You may also want to watch:
Eels, however, slithered back into contention with a score just before the break, while London had to deal with a period of pressure early in the second half.
Skolars, though, rode the storm and extended their lead when Tommy Laing finished off a breakaway move and Fraine added the extras.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
Though Brentwood moved to within four points with two unconverted tries, Cameron Giwa-McNeil dotted down for London to seal the win, with Fraine converting.