Young Skolars celebrate victory in Grand Final
- Credit: Archant
Skolars beat Brentwood Eels in final at Trailfinders Sports Ground on Saturday
The future looks bright for London Skolars after their under-16s won the London & South East Grand Final on Saturday.
Skolars reached the final after topping the initial league table, having won seven of their eight games this term.
London took on Brentwood Eels in the final, which was held at the Trailfinders Sports Ground in Ealing, and recorded a 20-12 win.
Tries from Samson Adejimi and Jevaughan Warren put Skolars into an early lead, with Tommy Fraine converting the second score.
Eels, however, slithered back into contention with a score just before the break, while London had to deal with a period of pressure early in the second half.
Skolars, though, rode the storm and extended their lead when Tommy Laing finished off a breakaway move and Fraine added the extras.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
Though Brentwood moved to within four points with two unconverted tries, Cameron Giwa-McNeil dotted down for London to seal the win, with Fraine converting.