Young Skolars celebrate victory in Grand Final
- Credit: Archant
Skolars beat Brentwood Eels in final at Trailfinders Sports Ground on Saturday
The future looks bright for London Skolars after their under-16s won the London & South East Grand Final on Saturday.
Skolars reached the final after topping the initial league table, having won seven of their eight games this term.
London took on Brentwood Eels in the final, which was held at the Trailfinders Sports Ground in Ealing, and recorded a 20-12 win.
Tries from Samson Adejimi and Jevaughan Warren put Skolars into an early lead, with Tommy Fraine converting the second score.
You may also want to watch:
Eels, however, slithered back into contention with a score just before the break, while London had to deal with a period of pressure early in the second half.
Skolars, though, rode the storm and extended their lead when Tommy Laing finished off a breakaway move and Fraine added the extras.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Though Brentwood moved to within four points with two unconverted tries, Cameron Giwa-McNeil dotted down for London to seal the win, with Fraine converting.