Young Skolars celebrate victory in Grand Final
- Credit: Archant
Skolars beat Brentwood Eels in final at Trailfinders Sports Ground on Saturday
The future looks bright for London Skolars after their under-16s won the London & South East Grand Final on Saturday.
Skolars reached the final after topping the initial league table, having won seven of their eight games this term.
London took on Brentwood Eels in the final, which was held at the Trailfinders Sports Ground in Ealing, and recorded a 20-12 win.
Tries from Samson Adejimi and Jevaughan Warren put Skolars into an early lead, with Tommy Fraine converting the second score.
You may also want to watch:
Eels, however, slithered back into contention with a score just before the break, while London had to deal with a period of pressure early in the second half.
Skolars, though, rode the storm and extended their lead when Tommy Laing finished off a breakaway move and Fraine added the extras.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 9 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
Though Brentwood moved to within four points with two unconverted tries, Cameron Giwa-McNeil dotted down for London to seal the win, with Fraine converting.