Simeon targets 2012
SIMEON Williamson is focused on the 2012 Olympics after bouncing back from his 100m exit at the World Athletics Championships with a bronze in the relay finals on Saturday. The Highgate Harriers sprinter ran the lead off leg...
SIMEON Williamson is focused on the 2012 Olympics after bouncing back from his 100m exit at the World Athletics Championships with a bronze in the relay finals on Saturday.
The Highgate Harriers sprinter ran the lead off leg alongside Great Britain team-mates Tyrone Edgar, Marlon Devonish and Harry Aikines-Aryeetey.
And the quartet's time of 38.2seconds was a new season's best, 0.71 seconds behind the Jamaican sprint team for whom Usain Bolt picked up his third gold of the competition in Berlin.
"It means a lot, it's my first relay medal and I'm very happy," admitted Williamson after helping the GB medal haul to four.
You may also want to watch:
"This makes up for not getting a medal in the 100m. We're still going home with a medal and it feels like a really good run.
"My changover with Tyrone was a lot better than in the heat and I think we're going to get better over time as we head towards London in 2012.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 'Cycling is the future – and we must pay instructors fairly'
"I've never felt this feeling before and I just want to get back to training, I want more."
Meanwhile, fellow Highgate Harrier Ryan McKinley also performed well in Berlin in the 10k champions run, finishing 28th from a large field of runners with a time of 33minutes 21seconds.