Simeon targets 2012
SIMEON Williamson is focused on the 2012 Olympics after bouncing back from his 100m exit at the World Athletics Championships with a bronze in the relay finals on Saturday. The Highgate Harriers sprinter ran the lead off leg...
SIMEON Williamson is focused on the 2012 Olympics after bouncing back from his 100m exit at the World Athletics Championships with a bronze in the relay finals on Saturday.
The Highgate Harriers sprinter ran the lead off leg alongside Great Britain team-mates Tyrone Edgar, Marlon Devonish and Harry Aikines-Aryeetey.
And the quartet's time of 38.2seconds was a new season's best, 0.71 seconds behind the Jamaican sprint team for whom Usain Bolt picked up his third gold of the competition in Berlin.
"It means a lot, it's my first relay medal and I'm very happy," admitted Williamson after helping the GB medal haul to four.
You may also want to watch:
"This makes up for not getting a medal in the 100m. We're still going home with a medal and it feels like a really good run.
"My changover with Tyrone was a lot better than in the heat and I think we're going to get better over time as we head towards London in 2012.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
"I've never felt this feeling before and I just want to get back to training, I want more."
Meanwhile, fellow Highgate Harrier Ryan McKinley also performed well in Berlin in the 10k champions run, finishing 28th from a large field of runners with a time of 33minutes 21seconds.