Simeon sprints to second fastest time
HIGHGATE Harriers Simeon Williamson clocked the second fastest time by a European runner this season when he was third in the 100metres final of the Fanny Blankers-Koen Games in Holland on Monday, writes Simon Jackson. Williamson clocked 10.09seconds to
HIGHGATE Harriers' Simeon Williamson clocked the second fastest time by a European runner this season when he was third in the 100metres final of the Fanny Blankers-Koen Games in Holland on Monday, writes Simon Jackson.
Williamson clocked 10.09seconds to finish third behind the Antilles Churandy Martina (9.97secs), who was fourth to Usain Bolt in the Beijing Olympics 100m final last summer.
The USA's Monzavous Edwards (10.02secs) was second.
Williamson's dazzling performance capped a remarkable week for the young Harrier.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the 23-year-old won the 100m final of the Artur Takac Memorial event in Belgrade, finishing strongly in a time of 10.10secs.
Edwards was second (10.10secs) with Britain's Craig Pickering (10.16secs) third.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
The win continues a profitable spell for Williamson, who clocked 6.57secs earlier this year when narrowly beaten by American Mark Jenks (6.57secs) in the 60m final in Athens.
In March, Williamson, who was selected by Great Britain for the Beijing Games, set a 60m best of 6.53secs in the Aviva Grand Prix in Birmingham.