Shakil Giordani and Max Hanson all set for great weekend, as Haringey Aquactics Club keep on achieving
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquactics Club have plenty of members in action over the next couple of weeks
It will be a memorable occasion for Haringey Aquactics Club duo Shakil Giordani and Max Hanson who are set to compete at the British Swimming Summer Championships this weekend in Sheffield.
The duo will take to the water against the fastest swimmers across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as they continue to show plenty of promising signs at the early stages of their fledging careers.
Along with the duo, distance swimmer and 16-year-old Rose Pepperday will also make the journey to Yorkshire later in the month when competing in the Open Water National Championships on July 30.
Shakil Giordani will also return to Sheffield in August along with Middlesex County champion Renat Samur, 15, and 14-year-old Alex Vonckx to who take part in the English Summer National Championships against the best England swimmers.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, fellow club mates Max Green and Gareth Davies, both 13, will head to the Welsh Nationals under the direction of Haringey’s development coach Nathan Joseph.
Two junior divers, Fizzy Carreia and Tom Halton will also be on the medal hunt this weekend when they take part in the Swim England National Skills Final at London Aquatics Centre.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Meanwhile coaches John Ley and Rick Dear will represent the club as Masters competitor and coach respectively at the 17th FINA World Masters Diving Championships in Hungary next month. Fifteen-year-old Sasha Shute, fresh from helping the London Region water polo team win silver at the Inter-Regional National Water Polo Finals, will also travel to Hungary to attend a invitation-only international water polo training camp where she will further hone her skills.
Meanwhile, at the recent London Youth Games, two female divers and a dozen swimmers from the club represented the borough.
In swimming, rising star Travis Kupczyck-Akomeah took gold in Boys 50m butterfly, while 2017 Middlesex County and London Region Champion Shakil Giordani battled to bronze in the same event.
The Haringey divers also delivered and helped lift the borough with their fourth- place finish. For more information about Haringey Aquatics, visit www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk or follow on Twitter @teamharingey.