Senior stars lead the way with 10 tries as Belsize Park enjoy another clean sweep
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Park enjoyed a clean sweep of victories for the second weekend in a row as all of their teams recorded wins.
The first team led the way, scoring 10 tries in an emphatic 68-0 triumph over Wasps in Regent’s Park, and four of their other sides also won their matches, while the sixth was given a walkover because their opponents were unable to play.
BP’s senior side had struggled in their previous two games in London North-West Division Three due to the wet conditions, and they had less of the ball than their visitors on Saturday.
However, they scored early on off the back of a driving maul, with Mark Liebling going over in the corner. Two similar tries followed later on as the forwards rumbled on, sucking in the opposition’s big men, before the ball was shifted wide for Ed Mott and centre Chris Dan to score.
Dan ended up with a hat-trick, while winger Mott went over again – and Liebling showed his pace with a 60m run, beating three defenders to add his second score.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Wilson also touched down twice and replacement back-row forward Rob Clay got his name on the scoresheet, while Jeremy Burton only missed one conversion despite a strong wind.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved