Senior stars lead the way with 10 tries as Belsize Park enjoy another clean sweep
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Park enjoyed a clean sweep of victories for the second weekend in a row as all of their teams recorded wins.
The first team led the way, scoring 10 tries in an emphatic 68-0 triumph over Wasps in Regent’s Park, and four of their other sides also won their matches, while the sixth was given a walkover because their opponents were unable to play.
BP’s senior side had struggled in their previous two games in London North-West Division Three due to the wet conditions, and they had less of the ball than their visitors on Saturday.
However, they scored early on off the back of a driving maul, with Mark Liebling going over in the corner. Two similar tries followed later on as the forwards rumbled on, sucking in the opposition’s big men, before the ball was shifted wide for Ed Mott and centre Chris Dan to score.
Dan ended up with a hat-trick, while winger Mott went over again – and Liebling showed his pace with a 60m run, beating three defenders to add his second score.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Wilson also touched down twice and replacement back-row forward Rob Clay got his name on the scoresheet, while Jeremy Burton only missed one conversion despite a strong wind.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath