School Sport: University College School under-13s boys’ team triumph at Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals
- Credit: Archant
UCS youngsters won a thrilling final in east London
University College School under-13 boys’ team took top honours at the seventh annual Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals in east London.
The competition saw 166 players making up 36 teams from 20 schools across London, competing at under-11, under-13, under-16 and under-19 levels for both genders.
The under-13 boys’ final was a thriller, with countback needed to separate University College from Southwark’s Sacred Heart Catholic School.
The team of Tommy Lyons, Oskar Gershfield, Toby Crarcour and Jacob Zakaim all performed well to win.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a well organised event and good for the sport. We are delighted to win again as we have taken this title before. Next year we hope to get more teams to the final,” said UCS coach Zoli Koszo.
The triumphant UCS under-13 boys’ table tennis team will now go forward to play in the English Schools’ Table Tennis Association Regional finals in February.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour