School Sport: University College School under-13s boys’ team triumph at Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals
- Credit: Archant
UCS youngsters won a thrilling final in east London
University College School under-13 boys’ team took top honours at the seventh annual Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals in east London.
The competition saw 166 players making up 36 teams from 20 schools across London, competing at under-11, under-13, under-16 and under-19 levels for both genders.
The under-13 boys’ final was a thriller, with countback needed to separate University College from Southwark’s Sacred Heart Catholic School.
The team of Tommy Lyons, Oskar Gershfield, Toby Crarcour and Jacob Zakaim all performed well to win.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a well organised event and good for the sport. We are delighted to win again as we have taken this title before. Next year we hope to get more teams to the final,” said UCS coach Zoli Koszo.
The triumphant UCS under-13 boys’ table tennis team will now go forward to play in the English Schools’ Table Tennis Association Regional finals in February.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'