School Sport: University College School under-13s boys’ team triumph at Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals
- Credit: Archant
UCS youngsters won a thrilling final in east London
University College School under-13 boys’ team took top honours at the seventh annual Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Team Finals in east London.
The competition saw 166 players making up 36 teams from 20 schools across London, competing at under-11, under-13, under-16 and under-19 levels for both genders.
The under-13 boys’ final was a thriller, with countback needed to separate University College from Southwark’s Sacred Heart Catholic School.
The team of Tommy Lyons, Oskar Gershfield, Toby Crarcour and Jacob Zakaim all performed well to win.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a well organised event and good for the sport. We are delighted to win again as we have taken this title before. Next year we hope to get more teams to the final,” said UCS coach Zoli Koszo.
The triumphant UCS under-13 boys’ table tennis team will now go forward to play in the English Schools’ Table Tennis Association Regional finals in February.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 7 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 10 Early plans under way for Dartmouth Park LTN scheme