Wyles comes out of retirement for Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Wing had retired at end of last season, but returns for north Londoners
Saracens legend Chris Wyles has come out of retirement to provide cover on the wing for the Gallagher Premiership club.
The USA international had retired from professional rugby after scoring two tries in the north Londoners’ Premiership final success over Exeter Chiefs.
With Sarries currently without Sean Maitland and Liam Williams, who are on international duty, and a host of other wings through injury, the 35-year-old has come out of retirement to help his former employers.
No exact length has been given for Wyles’ new deal, but the experienced wing is in contention to feature at home to Sale Sharks in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit surreal but I’m delighted to be back and to have the opportunity to play for Saracens again,” Wyles told the club website.
“The possibility of getting back out in front of the Allianz Park crowd and playing in front of the people who have been most supportive of me and Wolfpack is an awesome thought.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing