Wyles comes out of retirement for Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Wing had retired at end of last season, but returns for north Londoners
Saracens legend Chris Wyles has come out of retirement to provide cover on the wing for the Gallagher Premiership club.
The USA international had retired from professional rugby after scoring two tries in the north Londoners’ Premiership final success over Exeter Chiefs.
With Sarries currently without Sean Maitland and Liam Williams, who are on international duty, and a host of other wings through injury, the 35-year-old has come out of retirement to help his former employers.
No exact length has been given for Wyles’ new deal, but the experienced wing is in contention to feature at home to Sale Sharks in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit surreal but I’m delighted to be back and to have the opportunity to play for Saracens again,” Wyles told the club website.
“The possibility of getting back out in front of the Allianz Park crowd and playing in front of the people who have been most supportive of me and Wolfpack is an awesome thought.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub