Wyles comes out of retirement for Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Wing had retired at end of last season, but returns for north Londoners
Saracens legend Chris Wyles has come out of retirement to provide cover on the wing for the Gallagher Premiership club.
The USA international had retired from professional rugby after scoring two tries in the north Londoners’ Premiership final success over Exeter Chiefs.
With Sarries currently without Sean Maitland and Liam Williams, who are on international duty, and a host of other wings through injury, the 35-year-old has come out of retirement to help his former employers.
No exact length has been given for Wyles’ new deal, but the experienced wing is in contention to feature at home to Sale Sharks in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit surreal but I’m delighted to be back and to have the opportunity to play for Saracens again,” Wyles told the club website.
“The possibility of getting back out in front of the Allianz Park crowd and playing in front of the people who have been most supportive of me and Wolfpack is an awesome thought.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'