Wyles comes out of retirement for Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Wing had retired at end of last season, but returns for north Londoners
Saracens legend Chris Wyles has come out of retirement to provide cover on the wing for the Gallagher Premiership club.
The USA international had retired from professional rugby after scoring two tries in the north Londoners’ Premiership final success over Exeter Chiefs.
With Sarries currently without Sean Maitland and Liam Williams, who are on international duty, and a host of other wings through injury, the 35-year-old has come out of retirement to help his former employers.
No exact length has been given for Wyles’ new deal, but the experienced wing is in contention to feature at home to Sale Sharks in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit surreal but I’m delighted to be back and to have the opportunity to play for Saracens again,” Wyles told the club website.
“The possibility of getting back out in front of the Allianz Park crowd and playing in front of the people who have been most supportive of me and Wolfpack is an awesome thought.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up