Wyles comes out of retirement for Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Wing had retired at end of last season, but returns for north Londoners
Saracens legend Chris Wyles has come out of retirement to provide cover on the wing for the Gallagher Premiership club.
The USA international had retired from professional rugby after scoring two tries in the north Londoners’ Premiership final success over Exeter Chiefs.
With Sarries currently without Sean Maitland and Liam Williams, who are on international duty, and a host of other wings through injury, the 35-year-old has come out of retirement to help his former employers.
No exact length has been given for Wyles’ new deal, but the experienced wing is in contention to feature at home to Sale Sharks in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit surreal but I’m delighted to be back and to have the opportunity to play for Saracens again,” Wyles told the club website.
“The possibility of getting back out in front of the Allianz Park crowd and playing in front of the people who have been most supportive of me and Wolfpack is an awesome thought.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal