Rugby Union: Saracens Women too strong for Richmond
- Credit: Archant
Saracens Women ran in eight tries in their 46-0 win over Richmond in the Tyrrells Premier 15s at Allianz Park.
The hosts claimed a penalty try in a lacklustre first half and saw Mackenzie Carson and Lotte Clapp go over to build a 21-0 lead.
And Carson and Clapp touched down again in an improved second-half display, as Hannah Botterman, Sonia Green and Georgie Lingham also crossed.
The penalty try came on just three minutes as their dominant scrum pushed Richmond back and Carson picked off a pass to go under the posts, with Lisa Martin converting.
Botterman's strong carry set up Clapp's first score, also converted by Martin, and she then went over herself from Jade Knight's quick tap.
You may also want to watch:
Green muscled her way over to make it 31-0, with Rocky Clark held up short before Carson went over.
Aine Staunton unselfishly put Clapp in the left corner, before Lingham finished off a move on the other side.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation