Rugby Union: Saracens Women too strong for Richmond
- Credit: Archant
Saracens Women ran in eight tries in their 46-0 win over Richmond in the Tyrrells Premier 15s at Allianz Park.
The hosts claimed a penalty try in a lacklustre first half and saw Mackenzie Carson and Lotte Clapp go over to build a 21-0 lead.
And Carson and Clapp touched down again in an improved second-half display, as Hannah Botterman, Sonia Green and Georgie Lingham also crossed.
The penalty try came on just three minutes as their dominant scrum pushed Richmond back and Carson picked off a pass to go under the posts, with Lisa Martin converting.
Botterman's strong carry set up Clapp's first score, also converted by Martin, and she then went over herself from Jade Knight's quick tap.
You may also want to watch:
Green muscled her way over to make it 31-0, with Rocky Clark held up short before Carson went over.
Aine Staunton unselfishly put Clapp in the left corner, before Lingham finished off a move on the other side.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'