Rugby Union: Saracens Women too strong for Richmond
- Credit: Archant
Saracens Women ran in eight tries in their 46-0 win over Richmond in the Tyrrells Premier 15s at Allianz Park.
The hosts claimed a penalty try in a lacklustre first half and saw Mackenzie Carson and Lotte Clapp go over to build a 21-0 lead.
And Carson and Clapp touched down again in an improved second-half display, as Hannah Botterman, Sonia Green and Georgie Lingham also crossed.
The penalty try came on just three minutes as their dominant scrum pushed Richmond back and Carson picked off a pass to go under the posts, with Lisa Martin converting.
Botterman's strong carry set up Clapp's first score, also converted by Martin, and she then went over herself from Jade Knight's quick tap.
You may also want to watch:
Green muscled her way over to make it 31-0, with Rocky Clark held up short before Carson went over.
Aine Staunton unselfishly put Clapp in the left corner, before Lingham finished off a move on the other side.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach