Saracens trio given chance to shine for England Ladies in Six Nations
- Credit: The RFU Collection via Getty Ima
A trio of Saracens stars will be given the chance to prove themselves after being selected to start for England Ladies when they take on Italy in the Six Nations.
Sarah McKenna, Emily Scott and Vicky Fleetwood have all been brought in as Red Roses’ coach Simon Middleton makes eight changes to the starting line-up.
McKenna will start at full-back while Scott and Fleetwood are at fly-half and hooker respectively for Saturday’s game at Twickenham Stoop.
(KO 1pm, live on Sky Sports 2).
Richmond wing Kay Wilson will earn her 40th England cap whileclub colleague Alex Matthews returns from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Rachael Burford, La Toya Mason and Justine Lucas also start with Amy Cokayne, Rochelle Clark, Izzy Noel-Smith, Natasha Hunt and Katy Mclean moving to the bench.
Lydia Thompson and Danielle Waterman, two of the leading try scorers of the tournament so far, are both rested for the game.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
Head coach Middleton said: “We are working to improve continually through the competition and that is our aim.
“Saturday will provide players who have trained hard week in, week out, with an opportunity to show what they have to offer on the pitch.
“We must respect Italy as a side and that is reflected by the depth of our preparation for Saturday’s game.”
Kick-off is at 1pm.
England match-day 23 against Italy
15 Sarah McKenna (Saracens, 10 caps)
14 Amy Wilson Hardy (Bristol, 5 caps)
13 Emily Scarratt (Lichfield, 63 caps)
12 Rachael Burford (Aylesford Bulls, 62 caps)
11 Kay Wilson (Richmond, 39 caps)
10 Emily Scott (Saracens, 18 caps)
9 La Toya Mason (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 61 caps)
1 Justine Lucas (Lichfield, 16 caps)
2 Vicky Fleetwood (Saracens, 56 caps)
3 Laura Keates (Worcester Valkyries, 58 caps)
4 Harriet Millar-Mills (Lichfield, 40 caps)
5 Tamara Taylor (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 100 caps)
6 Alex Matthews (Richmond, 26 caps)
7 Marlie Packer (Bristol, 42 caps)
8 Sarah Hunter (Bristol, 87 caps) (c)
16 Amy Cokayne (Lichfield, 22 caps)
17 Rochelle Clark (Worcester Valkyries, 119 caps)
18 Sarah Bern (Bristol, 6 caps)
19 Poppy Cleall (Bristol, 9 caps)
20 Izzy Noel-Smith (Bristol, 26 caps)
21 Natasha Hunt (Lichfield, 35 caps)
22 Katy Mclean (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 82 caps)
23 Amber Reed (Bristol, 34 caps)