Saracens trio given chance to shine for England Ladies in Six Nations
- Credit: The RFU Collection via Getty Ima
A trio of Saracens stars will be given the chance to prove themselves after being selected to start for England Ladies when they take on Italy in the Six Nations.
Sarah McKenna, Emily Scott and Vicky Fleetwood have all been brought in as Red Roses’ coach Simon Middleton makes eight changes to the starting line-up.
McKenna will start at full-back while Scott and Fleetwood are at fly-half and hooker respectively for Saturday’s game at Twickenham Stoop.
(KO 1pm, live on Sky Sports 2).
Richmond wing Kay Wilson will earn her 40th England cap whileclub colleague Alex Matthews returns from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Rachael Burford, La Toya Mason and Justine Lucas also start with Amy Cokayne, Rochelle Clark, Izzy Noel-Smith, Natasha Hunt and Katy Mclean moving to the bench.
Lydia Thompson and Danielle Waterman, two of the leading try scorers of the tournament so far, are both rested for the game.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Head coach Middleton said: “We are working to improve continually through the competition and that is our aim.
“Saturday will provide players who have trained hard week in, week out, with an opportunity to show what they have to offer on the pitch.
“We must respect Italy as a side and that is reflected by the depth of our preparation for Saturday’s game.”
Kick-off is at 1pm.
England match-day 23 against Italy
15 Sarah McKenna (Saracens, 10 caps)
14 Amy Wilson Hardy (Bristol, 5 caps)
13 Emily Scarratt (Lichfield, 63 caps)
12 Rachael Burford (Aylesford Bulls, 62 caps)
11 Kay Wilson (Richmond, 39 caps)
10 Emily Scott (Saracens, 18 caps)
9 La Toya Mason (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 61 caps)
1 Justine Lucas (Lichfield, 16 caps)
2 Vicky Fleetwood (Saracens, 56 caps)
3 Laura Keates (Worcester Valkyries, 58 caps)
4 Harriet Millar-Mills (Lichfield, 40 caps)
5 Tamara Taylor (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 100 caps)
6 Alex Matthews (Richmond, 26 caps)
7 Marlie Packer (Bristol, 42 caps)
8 Sarah Hunter (Bristol, 87 caps) (c)
16 Amy Cokayne (Lichfield, 22 caps)
17 Rochelle Clark (Worcester Valkyries, 119 caps)
18 Sarah Bern (Bristol, 6 caps)
19 Poppy Cleall (Bristol, 9 caps)
20 Izzy Noel-Smith (Bristol, 26 caps)
21 Natasha Hunt (Lichfield, 35 caps)
22 Katy Mclean (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks, 82 caps)
23 Amber Reed (Bristol, 34 caps)