Saracens sign new sponsorship deal with Alan Day Volkswagen
- Credit: Archant
Newly crowned Aviva Premiership rugby champions Saracens have signed a new two-year sponsorship deal with Hampstead car dealership Alan Day Volkswagen.
The company supply a fleet of vehicles for the players, coaching team and medical staff for general use and to support the club’s ongoing community projects.
And the vehicles feature the initials, with the number of home games, of Saracen’s past and present players who have achieved over 100 caps for the club, as well as the Saracens and Alan Day emblems.
Tim Hunt, CEO of Premier Team Promotions Ltd, the joint venture now overseeing Saracens’ commercial operations, said: “We are delighted to be continuing our successful partnership with Alan Day Volkswagen for a further two years.
“Over the course of the last four years together, Alan Day have become an integral part of our partnerships family, supporting the club across the board.
You may also want to watch:
“From their involvement with the players, to their backing of the Saracens Sport Foundation and Sarries RFC, Alan Day have illustrated how closely our two companies’ values are aligned and we very much look forward to continuing to work together in the future.”
Paul Tanner, managing director of Alan Day Volkswagen in Hampstead, added: “Alan Day VW are delighted to renew our sponsorship deal with Saracens who have just been crowned champions for the fourth time.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
“We are proud to sponsor such a fantastic club along with the inspiring Saracens Sports Foundation and will continue support the club and their supporters who we have forged a unique relationship with.
“This special bond between the club and Alan Day is very strong and we look forward to continuing our partnership in the future.”
Alan Day VW, who have showrooms in Hampstead, The City and New Southgate, have been the official car supplier to the club for the past four seasons.
Staff at Alan Day, including MD Tanner, also support the Sarries disability programme helping coach youngsters with learning difficulties at Allianz Park in Barnet every Monday evening by organising touch rugby sessions in conjunction with the Sarries Sports Foundation.
The two-hour training sessions are often supported by first-team players like England hooker Jamie George, centre and captain Brad Barritt, scrum-half Neil De Kock and hooker Schalk Brits.