Saracens sign new sponsorship deal with Alan Day Volkswagen
- Credit: Archant
Newly crowned Aviva Premiership rugby champions Saracens have signed a new two-year sponsorship deal with Hampstead car dealership Alan Day Volkswagen.
The company supply a fleet of vehicles for the players, coaching team and medical staff for general use and to support the club’s ongoing community projects.
And the vehicles feature the initials, with the number of home games, of Saracen’s past and present players who have achieved over 100 caps for the club, as well as the Saracens and Alan Day emblems.
Tim Hunt, CEO of Premier Team Promotions Ltd, the joint venture now overseeing Saracens’ commercial operations, said: “We are delighted to be continuing our successful partnership with Alan Day Volkswagen for a further two years.
“Over the course of the last four years together, Alan Day have become an integral part of our partnerships family, supporting the club across the board.
“From their involvement with the players, to their backing of the Saracens Sport Foundation and Sarries RFC, Alan Day have illustrated how closely our two companies’ values are aligned and we very much look forward to continuing to work together in the future.”
Paul Tanner, managing director of Alan Day Volkswagen in Hampstead, added: “Alan Day VW are delighted to renew our sponsorship deal with Saracens who have just been crowned champions for the fourth time.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
“We are proud to sponsor such a fantastic club along with the inspiring Saracens Sports Foundation and will continue support the club and their supporters who we have forged a unique relationship with.
“This special bond between the club and Alan Day is very strong and we look forward to continuing our partnership in the future.”
Alan Day VW, who have showrooms in Hampstead, The City and New Southgate, have been the official car supplier to the club for the past four seasons.
Staff at Alan Day, including MD Tanner, also support the Sarries disability programme helping coach youngsters with learning difficulties at Allianz Park in Barnet every Monday evening by organising touch rugby sessions in conjunction with the Sarries Sports Foundation.
The two-hour training sessions are often supported by first-team players like England hooker Jamie George, centre and captain Brad Barritt, scrum-half Neil De Kock and hooker Schalk Brits.