Saracens prop Juan Figallo signs contract extension
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens prop Juan Figallo has extended his stay at Allianz Park after signing a contract extension.
The 27-year-old Argentina international, who arrived from Montpellier in the summer of 2014, picked up Premiership and LV=Cup winners’ medals last season before representing his country in the 2015 World Cup.
Figallo has played 24 games for Sarries and said: “Since I came over to England it’s been a really enjoyable experience, both on and off the field.
“Last year we won the Aviva Premiership and this year we’re doing well in both the league and in the Champions Cup. I’ve really enjoyed being here, I have a lot of friends and it’s been a great move for me and my family.
“I’m focused on Saracens – playing here, enjoying the club, enjoying the life and enjoying rugby. I’m delighted to be able to extend my stay here and I’m looking forward to the next few years at Allianz Park.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens’ director of rugby Mark McCall said: “We’re delighted that Juan has committed his future to Saracens.
“On the pitch, he is one of the best scrummagers in world rugby and he has shown great character and resolve to battle back from injury to get back to the form that we all know he is capable of. Off the pitch, he is always smiling and is a positive influence around the club.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“Alongside some of our home-grown players in our forwards, Juan has a key role to play at Allianz Park in the upcoming seasons. We’re very happy to retain his services.”
Saracens finished the group stage of their Champions Cup campaign with a 28-17 victory away against Toulouse on Saturday, leaving them with a perfect record of six wins from six in Pool One.
Ben Spencer scored a try which was converted by Owen Farrell, who also kicked four penalties – and Charlie Hodgson added two of his own in addition to a drop goal.
Sarries will host fellow English outfit Northampton in the quarter-finals and will meet the winners of another all-Premiership clash between Wasps and Exeter in the final four if they progress.
Meanwhile, the club are appealing the 10-week suspension given to wing Chris Ashton after his clash with Ulster’s Luke Marshall.