Saracens performance director to link-up with British & Irish Lions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens’ performance director Phil Morrow will link-up with the British & Irish Lions for their tour to New Zealand.
Morrow, who joined Saracens at the conclusion of the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand having been head of fitness with Ireland, will join Lions coach Warren Gatland’s back-room staff as part of the strength and conditioning team.
He said: “Firstly I’d like to thanks Paul Stridgeon for asking me to be part of the backroom team.
“I’m unbelievably honoured to be asked to join the British & Irish Lions staff to tour New Zealand and I’d also like to thank our director of rugby Mark McCall and chairman Nigel Wray for allowing me to take up this incredibly exciting opportunity.”
McCall said: “Phil’s contribution to Saracens since he arrived at the club has been unbelievable. He’s the best in his field and it’s great to see that his talent has been recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a huge honour for Phil to link-up with the Lions and one that is well deserved.
“We’re all delighted for him and he has our full support for what is a once in a life time opportunity.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Morrow will return to Saracens after the tour’s conclusion.