Saracens performance director to link-up with British & Irish Lions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens’ performance director Phil Morrow will link-up with the British & Irish Lions for their tour to New Zealand.
Morrow, who joined Saracens at the conclusion of the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand having been head of fitness with Ireland, will join Lions coach Warren Gatland’s back-room staff as part of the strength and conditioning team.
He said: “Firstly I’d like to thanks Paul Stridgeon for asking me to be part of the backroom team.
“I’m unbelievably honoured to be asked to join the British & Irish Lions staff to tour New Zealand and I’d also like to thank our director of rugby Mark McCall and chairman Nigel Wray for allowing me to take up this incredibly exciting opportunity.”
McCall said: “Phil’s contribution to Saracens since he arrived at the club has been unbelievable. He’s the best in his field and it’s great to see that his talent has been recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a huge honour for Phil to link-up with the Lions and one that is well deserved.
“We’re all delighted for him and he has our full support for what is a once in a life time opportunity.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Morrow will return to Saracens after the tour’s conclusion.