Saracens in good place for Worcester clash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Alex Goode says Saracens are confident of ending the year well against Worcester at Allianz Park today.
Having won 29-17 at Leicester on Christmas Eve to end a long losing run and give themselves a boost for the festive period, Goode is backing his team-mates to follow it up on home turf.
“We came back into training on the 27th, we’re in a good place and aware of the challenge ahead against a Worcester team playing very well,” Goode told saracens.com.
“We improved against Leicester and want to try and improve again this week. We’ve been happy with the last two weeks but know there’s improvement to be made.
“We’ve done some good things, shown a lot of fight and togetherness. We know the team we put out every week is good enough and have some good players coming back.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens returned to second place behind leaders Exeter with their win at Welford Road, but dropped back to third after Wasps beat Bath on Friday night.
Worcester are next to bottom with only three wins in 11 matches to date, but Goode added: “Bottom teams trouble top sides all the time. You can’t take your eye off the ball at all and we’re not looking past this game.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
“Worcester are a good team in a rich vein of form and playing well. They dispatched London Irish and have had some other good results in recent weeks so we’re under no illusions as to the challenge we face.”