Saracens in good place for Worcester clash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Alex Goode says Saracens are confident of ending the year well against Worcester at Allianz Park today.
Having won 29-17 at Leicester on Christmas Eve to end a long losing run and give themselves a boost for the festive period, Goode is backing his team-mates to follow it up on home turf.
“We came back into training on the 27th, we’re in a good place and aware of the challenge ahead against a Worcester team playing very well,” Goode told saracens.com.
“We improved against Leicester and want to try and improve again this week. We’ve been happy with the last two weeks but know there’s improvement to be made.
“We’ve done some good things, shown a lot of fight and togetherness. We know the team we put out every week is good enough and have some good players coming back.”
You may also want to watch:
Saracens returned to second place behind leaders Exeter with their win at Welford Road, but dropped back to third after Wasps beat Bath on Friday night.
Worcester are next to bottom with only three wins in 11 matches to date, but Goode added: “Bottom teams trouble top sides all the time. You can’t take your eye off the ball at all and we’re not looking past this game.
- 1 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
“Worcester are a good team in a rich vein of form and playing well. They dispatched London Irish and have had some other good results in recent weeks so we’re under no illusions as to the challenge we face.”