Saracens to discover opening-day opponents
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fixtures for this season’s Gallagher Premiership will be released at 11am on Friday
Saracens will find out who they will begin their Gallagher Premiership title defence against when the fixtures are released on Friday.
The fixtures for the upcoming league season will be released at 11am on Friday, with the opening round of matches taking place on the weekend of August 31 to September 2.
The Allianz Park outfit start the new campaign as reigning champions after defeating Exeter Chiefs 27-10 in the play-off final at Twickenham Stadium in May.
And Mark McCall’s men will hope for a favourable game on the opening day of the season to get their defence off to a winning start.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the north London club will also be on the lookout for the games against top-flight new boys Bristol Bears, who won the Greene King IPA Championship last term.
Sarries began last season with a 55-24 demolition of rivals Northampton Saints at Twickenham Stadium as part of the London Double Header, with Sean Maitland scoring a first-half hat-trick of tries.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour