Saracens to discover opening-day opponents
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fixtures for this season’s Gallagher Premiership will be released at 11am on Friday
Saracens will find out who they will begin their Gallagher Premiership title defence against when the fixtures are released on Friday.
The fixtures for the upcoming league season will be released at 11am on Friday, with the opening round of matches taking place on the weekend of August 31 to September 2.
The Allianz Park outfit start the new campaign as reigning champions after defeating Exeter Chiefs 27-10 in the play-off final at Twickenham Stadium in May.
And Mark McCall’s men will hope for a favourable game on the opening day of the season to get their defence off to a winning start.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the north London club will also be on the lookout for the games against top-flight new boys Bristol Bears, who won the Greene King IPA Championship last term.
Sarries began last season with a 55-24 demolition of rivals Northampton Saints at Twickenham Stadium as part of the London Double Header, with Sean Maitland scoring a first-half hat-trick of tries.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 8 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 9 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home