Saracens to discover opening-day opponents
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fixtures for this season’s Gallagher Premiership will be released at 11am on Friday
Saracens will find out who they will begin their Gallagher Premiership title defence against when the fixtures are released on Friday.
The fixtures for the upcoming league season will be released at 11am on Friday, with the opening round of matches taking place on the weekend of August 31 to September 2.
The Allianz Park outfit start the new campaign as reigning champions after defeating Exeter Chiefs 27-10 in the play-off final at Twickenham Stadium in May.
And Mark McCall’s men will hope for a favourable game on the opening day of the season to get their defence off to a winning start.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the north London club will also be on the lookout for the games against top-flight new boys Bristol Bears, who won the Greene King IPA Championship last term.
Sarries began last season with a 55-24 demolition of rivals Northampton Saints at Twickenham Stadium as part of the London Double Header, with Sean Maitland scoring a first-half hat-trick of tries.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 8 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close