Farrell leads Saracens contingent in England squad for Six Nations
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Seven Sarries players in 35-man squad for first game of tournament
Saracens fly-half Owen Farrell looks set to captain England in their opening game of this year’s Six Nations against Ireland in Dublin on February 2.
Farrell is one of seven Sarries players named in Eddie Jones’ 35-man squad for their first fixture.
With fellow co-captain Dylan Hartley missing through injury, it seems Farrell will lead his side against the defending champions next month.
Also named in the England squad are club colleagues Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Billy Vunipola and Ben Earl, who is yet to make his senior international bow.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens fullback Alex Goode, who has been in scintillating form this term, has surprisingly been overlooked, as have centres Alex Lozowski and Nick Tompkins, scrum-halves Richard Wigglesworth and Ben Spencer, lock Nick Isiekwe and flankers Michael Rhodes and Jackson Wray.
The 35-man England squad will head out to Portugal next week for a training camp ahead of their match against Ireland on February 2.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
Saracens wings Liam Williams and Sean Maitland have been named in the Wales and Scotland squads respectively for the opening two rounds of this year’s Six Nations.