Saracens’ Farrell named England co-captain for Autumn Internationals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly-half one of seven Sarries men in Eddie Jones’ squad
Saracens fly-half Owen Farrell has been named England co-captain for their upcoming Autumn Internationals.
The 27-year-old, who led his country during their Test series in South Africa in the summer, will share leadership duties with Northampton Saints hooker Dylan Hartley.
Joining Farrell in the 36-strong squad is club colleague Michael Rhodes, who is one of eight uncapped players in the squad.
Also called up for national duty are Jamie George, George Kruis, Maro Itoje, Richard Wigglesworth and Alex Lozowski.
You may also want to watch:
The Autumn Internationals will see England host South Africa on November 3, entertain New Zealand on November 10, welcome Japan on November 17 and tackle Australia on November 24.
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Liam Williams will also be with their countries for the Autumn Internationals, having been called up by Scotland and Wales respectively.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
Saracens Women’s Hannah Botterman, Poppy Cleall, Vicky Fleetwood, Zoe Harrison, Sarah McKenna, Marlie Packer and Elle Perry have been named in the England women’s squad for their Autumn Internationals.