Saracens’ Farrell named England co-captain for Autumn Internationals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly-half one of seven Sarries men in Eddie Jones’ squad
Saracens fly-half Owen Farrell has been named England co-captain for their upcoming Autumn Internationals.
The 27-year-old, who led his country during their Test series in South Africa in the summer, will share leadership duties with Northampton Saints hooker Dylan Hartley.
Joining Farrell in the 36-strong squad is club colleague Michael Rhodes, who is one of eight uncapped players in the squad.
Also called up for national duty are Jamie George, George Kruis, Maro Itoje, Richard Wigglesworth and Alex Lozowski.
You may also want to watch:
The Autumn Internationals will see England host South Africa on November 3, entertain New Zealand on November 10, welcome Japan on November 17 and tackle Australia on November 24.
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Liam Williams will also be with their countries for the Autumn Internationals, having been called up by Scotland and Wales respectively.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Saracens Women’s Hannah Botterman, Poppy Cleall, Vicky Fleetwood, Zoe Harrison, Sarah McKenna, Marlie Packer and Elle Perry have been named in the England women’s squad for their Autumn Internationals.