Saracens’ Farrell named England co-captain for Autumn Internationals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly-half one of seven Sarries men in Eddie Jones’ squad
Saracens fly-half Owen Farrell has been named England co-captain for their upcoming Autumn Internationals.
The 27-year-old, who led his country during their Test series in South Africa in the summer, will share leadership duties with Northampton Saints hooker Dylan Hartley.
Joining Farrell in the 36-strong squad is club colleague Michael Rhodes, who is one of eight uncapped players in the squad.
Also called up for national duty are Jamie George, George Kruis, Maro Itoje, Richard Wigglesworth and Alex Lozowski.
You may also want to watch:
The Autumn Internationals will see England host South Africa on November 3, entertain New Zealand on November 10, welcome Japan on November 17 and tackle Australia on November 24.
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Liam Williams will also be with their countries for the Autumn Internationals, having been called up by Scotland and Wales respectively.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Saracens Women’s Hannah Botterman, Poppy Cleall, Vicky Fleetwood, Zoe Harrison, Sarah McKenna, Marlie Packer and Elle Perry have been named in the England women’s squad for their Autumn Internationals.