Saracens discover Heineken European Champions Cup pool opponents
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries in Pool Three, along with Glasgow Warriors, Lyon OU and Cardiff Blues
Saracens have been drawn in Pool Three of next season’s Heineken European Champions Cup, along with Glasgow Warriors, Lyon OU and Cardiff Blues.
The draw took place in the Swiss city of Lausanne on Wednesday afternoon, with Sarries having been among the top seeds by virtue of winning the Gallagher Premiership last term.
Having been drawn in Pool Three, the north Londoners will come up against two Pro14 sides in Glasgow and Cardiff, while Lyon ply their trade in the French Top14.
Saracens last took on Warriors in the quarter-finals of the 2016-17 European Champions Cup, winning 38-13 at Allianz Park.
You may also want to watch:
Mark McCall’s men will hope to record more victories over their Scottish rivals this time around, with the sides set to meet twice in the group phase.
In last season’s Champions Cup, the north Londoners were beaten 30-19 in the quarter-finals by eventual winners Leinster.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
The fixtures for this year’s Champions Cup pool stage will be announced at a later date.