Saracens discover Heineken European Champions Cup pool opponents
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries in Pool Three, along with Glasgow Warriors, Lyon OU and Cardiff Blues
Saracens have been drawn in Pool Three of next season’s Heineken European Champions Cup, along with Glasgow Warriors, Lyon OU and Cardiff Blues.
The draw took place in the Swiss city of Lausanne on Wednesday afternoon, with Sarries having been among the top seeds by virtue of winning the Gallagher Premiership last term.
Having been drawn in Pool Three, the north Londoners will come up against two Pro14 sides in Glasgow and Cardiff, while Lyon ply their trade in the French Top14.
Saracens last took on Warriors in the quarter-finals of the 2016-17 European Champions Cup, winning 38-13 at Allianz Park.
You may also want to watch:
Mark McCall’s men will hope to record more victories over their Scottish rivals this time around, with the sides set to meet twice in the group phase.
In last season’s Champions Cup, the north Londoners were beaten 30-19 in the quarter-finals by eventual winners Leinster.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
The fixtures for this year’s Champions Cup pool stage will be announced at a later date.