Rugby Union: Saracens wing Mike Ellery in England squad for London Sevens
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries man forms part of 12-man squad for competition at Twickenham Stadium
Saracens wing Mike Ellery has been named in the England squad for the London Sevens at Twickenham Stadium this weekend.
The 26-year-old forms part of the 12-man squad for the penultimate leg of this season’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.
Hosts England are in Pool C, along with Kenya, the United States and France for the competition, which runs from June 2-3.
“The opportunity to play your home tournament is always special, and whether you’ve played at Twickenham 50 times or whether you’re playing there for your first time, you’ll always want to have one more opportunity so everyone’s really excited about this weekend,” said Simon Amor, the head of England Sevens.
A limited number of tickets for the Saturday and Sunday are still available from EnglandRugby.com/tickets and walk-ups can also be bought from the ticket office on both days.
You may also want to watch:
England squad for the London Sevens: Dan Bibby, Phil Burgess, Alex Davis, Mike Ellery, Harry Glover, Charlie Hayter, Ollie Lindsay-Hague, Tom Mitchell, Dan Norton, Ryan Olowofela, James Rodwell, Ethan Waddleton.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time