Rugby Union: Saracens wing Mike Ellery in England squad for London Sevens
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries man forms part of 12-man squad for competition at Twickenham Stadium
Saracens wing Mike Ellery has been named in the England squad for the London Sevens at Twickenham Stadium this weekend.
The 26-year-old forms part of the 12-man squad for the penultimate leg of this season’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.
Hosts England are in Pool C, along with Kenya, the United States and France for the competition, which runs from June 2-3.
“The opportunity to play your home tournament is always special, and whether you’ve played at Twickenham 50 times or whether you’re playing there for your first time, you’ll always want to have one more opportunity so everyone’s really excited about this weekend,” said Simon Amor, the head of England Sevens.
A limited number of tickets for the Saturday and Sunday are still available from EnglandRugby.com/tickets and walk-ups can also be bought from the ticket office on both days.
You may also want to watch:
England squad for the London Sevens: Dan Bibby, Phil Burgess, Alex Davis, Mike Ellery, Harry Glover, Charlie Hayter, Ollie Lindsay-Hague, Tom Mitchell, Dan Norton, Ryan Olowofela, James Rodwell, Ethan Waddleton.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes