Rugby Union: Saracens wing Mike Ellery in England squad for London Sevens
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries man forms part of 12-man squad for competition at Twickenham Stadium
Saracens wing Mike Ellery has been named in the England squad for the London Sevens at Twickenham Stadium this weekend.
The 26-year-old forms part of the 12-man squad for the penultimate leg of this season’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.
Hosts England are in Pool C, along with Kenya, the United States and France for the competition, which runs from June 2-3.
“The opportunity to play your home tournament is always special, and whether you’ve played at Twickenham 50 times or whether you’re playing there for your first time, you’ll always want to have one more opportunity so everyone’s really excited about this weekend,” said Simon Amor, the head of England Sevens.
A limited number of tickets for the Saturday and Sunday are still available from EnglandRugby.com/tickets and walk-ups can also be bought from the ticket office on both days.
You may also want to watch:
England squad for the London Sevens: Dan Bibby, Phil Burgess, Alex Davis, Mike Ellery, Harry Glover, Charlie Hayter, Ollie Lindsay-Hague, Tom Mitchell, Dan Norton, Ryan Olowofela, James Rodwell, Ethan Waddleton.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 8 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays