Saracens announce plans for Allianz Park redevelopment
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens have been given the green light for a £23million redevelopment of the West Stand at their Allianz Park ground in north London.
The reigning English champions have announced detailed plans for the project at Barnet Copthall leisure complex, with construction work hoped to start at the end of this season and completed in 2020.
Saracens say that games will continue to be played at Allianz Park during the building period.
Planning permission has been granted, and funding secured in partnership with Barnet Council to carry out renovation work.
When completed, the stand will house 3,000 spectators, 40 wheelchair spaces and 40 carer seats for disabled spectators, while also providing a centre of excellence for Middlesex University’s London Sport Institute and Health Faculty, and improved training, medical and competition facilities for all users, including athletics, rugby and community sport.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens chief executive, Mitesh Velani, said: “We have been working closely with Barnet Council and our community partners developing plans for the West Stand that we can all be proud of. I am delighted we have made positive strides forward.
“The West Stand redevelopment project demonstrates our continued commitment to providing the best environment for our teams to thrive, a modern home where our fans create memories together and extending community initiatives that improve the lives of people in north London.”
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?
Saracens moved to Allianz Park in early 2013, and the new stand will be of similar size and scale to the existing East Stand.