Saracens announce plans for Allianz Park redevelopment
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens have been given the green light for a £23million redevelopment of the West Stand at their Allianz Park ground in north London.
The reigning English champions have announced detailed plans for the project at Barnet Copthall leisure complex, with construction work hoped to start at the end of this season and completed in 2020.
Saracens say that games will continue to be played at Allianz Park during the building period.
Planning permission has been granted, and funding secured in partnership with Barnet Council to carry out renovation work.
When completed, the stand will house 3,000 spectators, 40 wheelchair spaces and 40 carer seats for disabled spectators, while also providing a centre of excellence for Middlesex University’s London Sport Institute and Health Faculty, and improved training, medical and competition facilities for all users, including athletics, rugby and community sport.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens chief executive, Mitesh Velani, said: “We have been working closely with Barnet Council and our community partners developing plans for the West Stand that we can all be proud of. I am delighted we have made positive strides forward.
“The West Stand redevelopment project demonstrates our continued commitment to providing the best environment for our teams to thrive, a modern home where our fans create memories together and extending community initiatives that improve the lives of people in north London.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 7 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 8 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 9 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
Saracens moved to Allianz Park in early 2013, and the new stand will be of similar size and scale to the existing East Stand.