Saracens held at Sale in Premiership Rugby Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Premiership Rugby Cup: Sale Sharks 15 Saracens 15
Saracens saw their winning start to the new season in all competitions come to an end with a 15-15 draw at Sale Sharks in the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Prior to their trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Friday, the north Londoners had won all eight of their matches in all competitions this term.
Early tries from forward Joel Kpoku and back Matt Gallagher had the Allianz Park outfit 12-3 up after 23 minutes, but Paolo Odogwu’s try — converted by Will Cliff — cut the gap before half-time.
Cliff then crossed himself just before the hour, but missed the conversion to leave it at 15-12, and that left the door open for Max Malins to level it with a penalty in the 67th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens will hope to return to winning ways in the competition next Sunday when they entertain Worcester Warriors in their next match in this season’s Premiership Rugby Cup.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'