Saracens held at Sale in Premiership Rugby Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Premiership Rugby Cup: Sale Sharks 15 Saracens 15
Saracens saw their winning start to the new season in all competitions come to an end with a 15-15 draw at Sale Sharks in the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Prior to their trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Friday, the north Londoners had won all eight of their matches in all competitions this term.
Early tries from forward Joel Kpoku and back Matt Gallagher had the Allianz Park outfit 12-3 up after 23 minutes, but Paolo Odogwu’s try — converted by Will Cliff — cut the gap before half-time.
Cliff then crossed himself just before the hour, but missed the conversion to leave it at 15-12, and that left the door open for Max Malins to level it with a penalty in the 67th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens will hope to return to winning ways in the competition next Sunday when they entertain Worcester Warriors in their next match in this season’s Premiership Rugby Cup.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release