Saracens held at Sale in Premiership Rugby Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Premiership Rugby Cup: Sale Sharks 15 Saracens 15
Saracens saw their winning start to the new season in all competitions come to an end with a 15-15 draw at Sale Sharks in the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Prior to their trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Friday, the north Londoners had won all eight of their matches in all competitions this term.
Early tries from forward Joel Kpoku and back Matt Gallagher had the Allianz Park outfit 12-3 up after 23 minutes, but Paolo Odogwu’s try — converted by Will Cliff — cut the gap before half-time.
Cliff then crossed himself just before the hour, but missed the conversion to leave it at 15-12, and that left the door open for Max Malins to level it with a penalty in the 67th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens will hope to return to winning ways in the competition next Sunday when they entertain Worcester Warriors in their next match in this season’s Premiership Rugby Cup.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre