Saracens held at Sale in Premiership Rugby Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Premiership Rugby Cup: Sale Sharks 15 Saracens 15
Saracens saw their winning start to the new season in all competitions come to an end with a 15-15 draw at Sale Sharks in the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Prior to their trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Friday, the north Londoners had won all eight of their matches in all competitions this term.
Early tries from forward Joel Kpoku and back Matt Gallagher had the Allianz Park outfit 12-3 up after 23 minutes, but Paolo Odogwu’s try — converted by Will Cliff — cut the gap before half-time.
Cliff then crossed himself just before the hour, but missed the conversion to leave it at 15-12, and that left the door open for Max Malins to level it with a penalty in the 67th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens will hope to return to winning ways in the competition next Sunday when they entertain Worcester Warriors in their next match in this season’s Premiership Rugby Cup.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52