Saracens held at Sale in Premiership Rugby Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Premiership Rugby Cup: Sale Sharks 15 Saracens 15
Saracens saw their winning start to the new season in all competitions come to an end with a 15-15 draw at Sale Sharks in the Premiership Rugby Cup.
Prior to their trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Friday, the north Londoners had won all eight of their matches in all competitions this term.
Early tries from forward Joel Kpoku and back Matt Gallagher had the Allianz Park outfit 12-3 up after 23 minutes, but Paolo Odogwu’s try — converted by Will Cliff — cut the gap before half-time.
Cliff then crossed himself just before the hour, but missed the conversion to leave it at 15-12, and that left the door open for Max Malins to level it with a penalty in the 67th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens will hope to return to winning ways in the competition next Sunday when they entertain Worcester Warriors in their next match in this season’s Premiership Rugby Cup.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal