Rugby World Cup: Saracens’ Emily Scott misses out with injury
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Saracens fly-half Emily Scott has been forced to withdraw from the England Women’s squad for the Rugby World Cup in Ireland due to injury.
Clubmate and hooker Vicky Fleetwood has also sustained a minor injury and will remain in England to undergo intensive rehabilitation over the next few days before joining the squad at a later date.
Scott will be replaced in the squad by Poppy Cleall, who has won 12 caps so far and featured in all of England’s matches in their Six Nations Grand Slam this year.
Coach Simon Middleton said: “While it’s disappointing Emily, we know she will rehab diligently, working closely with our medical team over the coming weeks and we hope to have her fit and ready on standby if required later in the tournament.
“With Vicky remaining in England for the time being, we have opted to call up Poppy, who offers us a bit more balance in the forwards.
You may also want to watch:
“We have full confidence in Poppy, who has been training with the wider squad.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success