Rugby World Cup: Saracens’ Emily Scott misses out with injury
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Saracens fly-half Emily Scott has been forced to withdraw from the England Women’s squad for the Rugby World Cup in Ireland due to injury.
Clubmate and hooker Vicky Fleetwood has also sustained a minor injury and will remain in England to undergo intensive rehabilitation over the next few days before joining the squad at a later date.
Scott will be replaced in the squad by Poppy Cleall, who has won 12 caps so far and featured in all of England’s matches in their Six Nations Grand Slam this year.
Coach Simon Middleton said: “While it’s disappointing Emily, we know she will rehab diligently, working closely with our medical team over the coming weeks and we hope to have her fit and ready on standby if required later in the tournament.
“With Vicky remaining in England for the time being, we have opted to call up Poppy, who offers us a bit more balance in the forwards.
You may also want to watch:
“We have full confidence in Poppy, who has been training with the wider squad.”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill