Rugby Union: Six Saracens players in England Women under-20s squad to face Army
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Emma Uren, Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry, Rosie Galligan, Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas all in squad
Saracens back Emma Uren will captain England Women under-20s in a friendly against Army on Wednesday.
Uren in joined in the starting XV by club colleagues Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry and Rosie Galligan, while Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas are among the replacements.
The match, which takes place at the Army Rugby Stadium in Aldershot, is the first friendly of the season for England Women under-20s, and head coach Jo Yapp is excited for the year ahead.
“We are really excited to see this young team come together on Wednesday for their first fixture of the season,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great development opportunity for the squad to play against the Army, a side who are experienced, physical and well organised.
“We have a strong player pathway in place, with a number of the current under-20s squad progressing through from last season’s under-18 Talent Development Group.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
“Combined with the Tyrrells Premier 15s, we have seen accelerated development in players as they get consistent playing time at senior level, against quality opposition.
“Through Premier 15s we have also been able to identify and invite players in that are currently on form and proving themselves at a high level.”