Rugby Union: Six Saracens players in England Women under-20s squad to face Army
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Emma Uren, Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry, Rosie Galligan, Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas all in squad
Saracens back Emma Uren will captain England Women under-20s in a friendly against Army on Wednesday.
Uren in joined in the starting XV by club colleagues Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry and Rosie Galligan, while Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas are among the replacements.
The match, which takes place at the Army Rugby Stadium in Aldershot, is the first friendly of the season for England Women under-20s, and head coach Jo Yapp is excited for the year ahead.
“We are really excited to see this young team come together on Wednesday for their first fixture of the season,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great development opportunity for the squad to play against the Army, a side who are experienced, physical and well organised.
“We have a strong player pathway in place, with a number of the current under-20s squad progressing through from last season’s under-18 Talent Development Group.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“Combined with the Tyrrells Premier 15s, we have seen accelerated development in players as they get consistent playing time at senior level, against quality opposition.
“Through Premier 15s we have also been able to identify and invite players in that are currently on form and proving themselves at a high level.”