Rugby Union: Six Saracens players in England Women under-20s squad to face Army
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Emma Uren, Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry, Rosie Galligan, Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas all in squad
Saracens back Emma Uren will captain England Women under-20s in a friendly against Army on Wednesday.
Uren in joined in the starting XV by club colleagues Helena Rowland, Ellena Perry and Rosie Galligan, while Hannah Botterman and Ella Wyrwas are among the replacements.
The match, which takes place at the Army Rugby Stadium in Aldershot, is the first friendly of the season for England Women under-20s, and head coach Jo Yapp is excited for the year ahead.
“We are really excited to see this young team come together on Wednesday for their first fixture of the season,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great development opportunity for the squad to play against the Army, a side who are experienced, physical and well organised.
“We have a strong player pathway in place, with a number of the current under-20s squad progressing through from last season’s under-18 Talent Development Group.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
“Combined with the Tyrrells Premier 15s, we have seen accelerated development in players as they get consistent playing time at senior level, against quality opposition.
“Through Premier 15s we have also been able to identify and invite players in that are currently on form and proving themselves at a high level.”