Rugby Union: Saracens youngsters Ben Earl and Ali Crossdale named in England under-20s Elite Player squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries duo part of 32-man squad for upcoming Under-20s Six Nations
Saracens duo Ben Earl and Ali Crossdale have been named in the England under-20s Elite Player squad for the 2017-18 season.
The squad, which will compete in the 2018 Six Nations as well as the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in May, will be led by Steve Bates and fellow coaches Anthony Allen, Richard Blaze and James Ponton.
Of the 32 players selected, 14 have already been capped at under-20 level with several a part of last season’s Six Nations Grand Slam winning side.
Earl and Crossdale are among 10 members of the group that reached last year’s final World Rugby Under-20 Championship final, eventually losing to New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
England open their Under-20 Six Nations campaign against Italy on February 2, before a home game against Wales in Newcastle a week later.
They then play Scotland in Edinburgh on February 23; France in Beziers on March 9; and will end their campaign against Ireland in Coventry on March 16.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
The squad will come together for a training camp at Bisham Abbey Sports Centre from January 7-12 before the Six Nations begins.