Rugby Union: Saracens youngsters Ben Earl and Ali Crossdale named in England under-20s Elite Player squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries duo part of 32-man squad for upcoming Under-20s Six Nations
Saracens duo Ben Earl and Ali Crossdale have been named in the England under-20s Elite Player squad for the 2017-18 season.
The squad, which will compete in the 2018 Six Nations as well as the World Rugby Under-20 Championship in May, will be led by Steve Bates and fellow coaches Anthony Allen, Richard Blaze and James Ponton.
Of the 32 players selected, 14 have already been capped at under-20 level with several a part of last season’s Six Nations Grand Slam winning side.
Earl and Crossdale are among 10 members of the group that reached last year’s final World Rugby Under-20 Championship final, eventually losing to New Zealand.
England open their Under-20 Six Nations campaign against Italy on February 2, before a home game against Wales in Newcastle a week later.
They then play Scotland in Edinburgh on February 23; France in Beziers on March 9; and will end their campaign against Ireland in Coventry on March 16.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 3 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 4 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 5 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 6 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 8 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 9 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 10 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
The squad will come together for a training camp at Bisham Abbey Sports Centre from January 7-12 before the Six Nations begins.