Rugby Union: Saracens youngster Ben Earl to captain England under-20s in Six Nations opener in Italy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sarries man to lead young side on Friday
Saracens flanker Ben Earl will captain England in their Under-20s Six Nations opener in Italy on Friday.
Earl is the only Saracens man to feature in the matchday squad for the game, which will take place in Italian town of Gorizia.
“It’s been really difficult to select a XV because we have some very talented young players and several of them have performed very well over the first half of the season,” said coach Steve Bates.
“Choosing the 32-man elite player squad was difficult enough, so narrowing that down has been even tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to take into consideration the way they have performed in our two camps, which has been first class, as well as the games they’ve played up until Christmas.”
England under-20 XV to face Italy: Parton; Ibitoye, Dingwall, Butler, Loader; Grayson, White; Trinder, Walker, Street; Lamb, Scott; Moore, Earl, Willis.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
- 10 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
Replacements: Oghere, Seville, Morris, Lewis, Basham, Brand, Hardwick, Olowofela.