Rugby Union: Saracens youngster Ben Earl to captain England under-20s in Six Nations opener in Italy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sarries man to lead young side on Friday
Saracens flanker Ben Earl will captain England in their Under-20s Six Nations opener in Italy on Friday.
Earl is the only Saracens man to feature in the matchday squad for the game, which will take place in Italian town of Gorizia.
“It’s been really difficult to select a XV because we have some very talented young players and several of them have performed very well over the first half of the season,” said coach Steve Bates.
“Choosing the 32-man elite player squad was difficult enough, so narrowing that down has been even tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to take into consideration the way they have performed in our two camps, which has been first class, as well as the games they’ve played up until Christmas.”
England under-20 XV to face Italy: Parton; Ibitoye, Dingwall, Butler, Loader; Grayson, White; Trinder, Walker, Street; Lamb, Scott; Moore, Earl, Willis.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Replacements: Oghere, Seville, Morris, Lewis, Basham, Brand, Hardwick, Olowofela.