Rugby Union: Saracens youngster Ben Earl to captain England under-20s in Six Nations opener in Italy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sarries man to lead young side on Friday
Saracens flanker Ben Earl will captain England in their Under-20s Six Nations opener in Italy on Friday.
Earl is the only Saracens man to feature in the matchday squad for the game, which will take place in Italian town of Gorizia.
“It’s been really difficult to select a XV because we have some very talented young players and several of them have performed very well over the first half of the season,” said coach Steve Bates.
“Choosing the 32-man elite player squad was difficult enough, so narrowing that down has been even tougher.
“We’ve tried to take into consideration the way they have performed in our two camps, which has been first class, as well as the games they’ve played up until Christmas.”
England under-20 XV to face Italy: Parton; Ibitoye, Dingwall, Butler, Loader; Grayson, White; Trinder, Walker, Street; Lamb, Scott; Moore, Earl, Willis.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 5 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
Replacements: Oghere, Seville, Morris, Lewis, Basham, Brand, Hardwick, Olowofela.