Rugby Union: Saracens youngster Ben Earl to captain England under-20s in Six Nations opener in Italy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sarries man to lead young side on Friday
Saracens flanker Ben Earl will captain England in their Under-20s Six Nations opener in Italy on Friday.
Earl is the only Saracens man to feature in the matchday squad for the game, which will take place in Italian town of Gorizia.
“It’s been really difficult to select a XV because we have some very talented young players and several of them have performed very well over the first half of the season,” said coach Steve Bates.
“Choosing the 32-man elite player squad was difficult enough, so narrowing that down has been even tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to take into consideration the way they have performed in our two camps, which has been first class, as well as the games they’ve played up until Christmas.”
England under-20 XV to face Italy: Parton; Ibitoye, Dingwall, Butler, Loader; Grayson, White; Trinder, Walker, Street; Lamb, Scott; Moore, Earl, Willis.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Replacements: Oghere, Seville, Morris, Lewis, Basham, Brand, Hardwick, Olowofela.