Rugby Union: Saracens youngster Ben Earl to captain England under-20s in Six Nations opener in Italy
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Sarries man to lead young side on Friday
Saracens flanker Ben Earl will captain England in their Under-20s Six Nations opener in Italy on Friday.
Earl is the only Saracens man to feature in the matchday squad for the game, which will take place in Italian town of Gorizia.
“It’s been really difficult to select a XV because we have some very talented young players and several of them have performed very well over the first half of the season,” said coach Steve Bates.
“Choosing the 32-man elite player squad was difficult enough, so narrowing that down has been even tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to take into consideration the way they have performed in our two camps, which has been first class, as well as the games they’ve played up until Christmas.”
England under-20 XV to face Italy: Parton; Ibitoye, Dingwall, Butler, Loader; Grayson, White; Trinder, Walker, Street; Lamb, Scott; Moore, Earl, Willis.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Replacements: Oghere, Seville, Morris, Lewis, Basham, Brand, Hardwick, Olowofela.